Europe Is Alike Argentina 2001

"All the wealth that the world has are the natural resources (that we exploit rather than use responsibly) i.e food, water, fuel, everything"

No, that is not wealth. Those are resources. Wealth is created when those resources are extracted, controlled, managed and distributed. None of this is possible without investment from private or public sources.

I would sustain that you are wrong, those resources are the wealth. If we don't have food, if we don't have water, if we don't have fuel/energy, we're not going to last long on this planet. And those are the things that everyone is fighting for i.e. wealth (although yes, they are also resources at the same time).

We don't need "investment from privte or public sources". We could still extract, control, manage, distribute and use all of those thing without depending on money. All of those things need PEOPLE to do them, not belief in an 'all-powerful' paper God. The building of railways, food, buildings, airplanes, anything, does not require money and investment to do it. It requires people. Take away most of the people and it doesn't matter how much money you have you won't get much done.

I'm afraid your sprituality doesn't have an awesome track record in not ending up with people killing each other over their definitions of this intangible condition.

I really doubt you know much about my spirituality, not least based on your contradictory logic about what that supposed spirituality is. (Promoting 'sharing and caring' and then also killing others for not agreeing with that?) But such contradictions do more to reveal your personal biases than anything else.

Whether it's murder using the name of God, or murder while denying the existence of God - it doesn't really matter. It's murder for the sake of having more and having control over others. (Although I think you'll find that it's 'atheist' regimes that have killed a lot more people in their empire building than religious ones, no matter the hype.)

I somehow knew you would say that ...

Yeah, I ma just being negative.

- Housing prices in Brazil jumped 225% in 5 years.
- 54% of Brazilian families are in debt. 20% of those are already late on their payments.
- Public debt is growing 2.5x faster than the GDP. It has more than tripled in the past 10 years.
- Eike Baptista's corporate empire, the great recipient of government credit that this guy on the video lauded so much is imploding, loosing over 90% of its value. Who is left holding the bag? Yep, the tax payer.
- Powerful figures of the current administration have been convicted or Grand Corruption by the supreme court. Dilma's solution? Change the supreme court and have a new trial.
- Mass protests on the streets due to growing inflation while Brazil has the highest interest rates in the world.

But yes, Brazil is doing everything right. I am just being negative.

Anything else ranges from exploitative to naive and ignorant of human nature and reality. I'm afraid your sprituality doesn't have an awesome track record in not ending up with people killing each other over their definitions of this intangible condition.

And just what is human nature? It's quite a weighty "concept" if you ask me...

Yeah, I ma just being negative.

- Housing prices in Brazil jumped 225% in 5 years.
- 54% of Brazilian families are in debt. 20% of those are already late on their payments.
- Public debt is growing 2.5x faster than the GDP. It has more than tripled in the past 10 years.
- Eike Baptista's corporate empire, the great recipient of government credit that this guy on the video lauded so much is imploding, loosing over 90% of its value. Who is left holding the bag? Yep, the tax payer.
- Powerful figures of the current administration have been convicted or Grand Corruption by the supreme court. Dilma's solution? Change the supreme court and have a new trial.
- Mass protests on the streets due to growing inflation while Brazil has the highest interest rates in the world.

But yes, Brazil is doing everything right. I am just being negative.

I really dont know about the details, but the growth Brazil has experimented in the last 10 years is amazing. They went from a big south american country to a world powerhouse, member of the brics that postulates for a place in the security council of the UN. 5th economy in the world, drags every south american economy, and from the social point of view, you re getting people out of poverty every day, constructing a new and wide middle class. Globally, you re a far more important country today than 10 years ago.

I really dont know about the details, but the growth Brazil has experimented in the last 10 years is amazing. They went from a big south american country to a world powerhouse, member of the brics that postulates for a place in the security council of the UN. 5th economy in the world, drags every south american economy, and from the social point of view, you re getting people out of poverty every day, constructing a new and wide middle class. Globally, you re a far more important country today than 10 years ago.

Here is what it happened.

Fernando Henquire Cardosos put the house in order. Foreign debt was paid off. Government budget was balanced. The country's credit rating improved. The three pillars (floating currency, government budget surpus, low inflation) set by the previous administration allowed for the growth.

Dilma and Lula came to power. They imploded the three pillars and are went bananas with the country's new "gold credit card". Now the bill is arriving and it will be ugly.

The results speak for themselves.

Zimbabwe-One-Hundred-Tril-001.jpg

They dropped the local currency and adopted the USD, totally dropped it and use actual USD, not the convertibility type which still implies trust in local government. Inflation dropped like a stone and gave them some breathing space.

Back