Everything About Sending Money Out Of Argentina

Hi all, if anybody in capital federal is interested in receiving pesos in exchange for sending money to Skrill/PayPal please let me know. (For clarity, you would be the one receiving pesos.) Thanks!

Hola!

That is MY case. I am selling my property in ARG and looking into ways of getting the U$S from ARG to the US. You gave the certified copy of the Escritura to the ARG Bank or US Bank in ARG? In short, you need an account in ARG with a US Bank? (CitiBank, Bank of America, etc.)

Oh sorry I didn't see this old post. Well in my case I sold a property in Buenos Aires and I DID have a US dollar account with HSBC in Argentina. The banks in the USA don't care and don't have to show anything to receive money. It was all in Argentina. As long as you're money is clean and you're in good legal standing you shouldn't have any problems at all. I've sold several properties in the past year and wired out money easily and at fairly low cost.

Oh sorry I didn't see this old post. Well in my case I sold a property in Buenos Aires and I DID have a US dollar account with HSBC in Argentina. The banks in the USA don't care and don't have to show anything to receive money. It was all in Argentina. As long as you're money is clean and you're in good legal standing you shouldn't have any problems at all. I've sold several properties in the past year and wired out money easily and at fairly low cost.
Hi, I noticed you just responded to this post. We are going through the same issue as others, Argentinian wife who lives elsewhere selling a property she partially owns in USD and needs to send the money overseas.

When was your latest sale, like within the past year? Could you outline the procedure you followed or point me to a "how-to" which is relevant? Could you PM me specfic information if convenient?

Hi, I noticed you just responded to this post. We are going through the same issue as others, Argentinian wife who lives elsewhere selling a property she partially owns in USD and needs to send the money overseas.

When was your latest sale, like within the past year? Could you outline the procedure you followed or point me to a "how-to" which is relevant? Could you PM me specfic information if convenient?

Well, keep in mind at least with my situation I already have had a US dollar account at HSBC. I've had it along with a banking relationship with HSBC for over 15 years. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but I don't think it would matter as I assume they have banking laws and as long as you follow the proper procedures you can wire out as well if you open up a US dollar account.

I simply took my escritura from the sale to prove where the funds were coming from. I had to fill out a special governmental/banking form showing the sale, had to put the address, etc. I deposited the funds into my US dollar account. Then I filled out a bunch of paperwork to make the wire to my US bank account. It was fairly simple. They said it could take a week or so to get the funds but I got it very quickly within a few days. The only thing I recall is that there were expenses for the wire in pesos and I had to just make sure I had enough pesos in my Argentine peso account to cover the withdrawal/banking fees. All very straight forward. This was last year. I'm not sure if anything changed this year.

You can find several reputable casa de cambios that will coordinate the wire for you outside of Argentina to the USA but they will charge you. I believe right now the going rate is about 3.5% to wire OUT of Argentina if you give them cash and want the USD abroad. Many are reluctant as you have to give them the cash first and then they wire out but of course that's the same with banks as well. Several reputable firms like Banco Piano and others out there that have been around for a long time.

Another alternative that might work depending on your wife's circumstances is it's perfectly legal to have the buyer wire the funds abroad. So for example, if your wife had a US dollar account in the USA or Europe or wherever at the closing, the buyer could legally wire her the funds for the property purchase directly to that bank account. The bank will be listed on the Escritura so just keep that in mind. It would be important that it's a declared account so she avoids problems with Argentina AFIP.

I don't use the PM feature so no help there but just go talk to your bank and see. They should be able to assist you. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

At risk of being repetitive but I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding transferring funds to a foreign account from Argentina. I will be working in Argentina and will have a visa and receive my salary into my ARG bank account however I have credit cards with my bank in Australia that I will need to make payments on so I will need to be able to transfer money to my Australian savings account. Does anyone have experience in transferring funds between countries it won't be large amounts possibly $2000 AUD max per transfer. In Australia you simply obtain the international transfer code from your bank and the transaction can be done using online banking, I understand Argentina is vastly different but i'm hoping it is a similarly simple task, any advice would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

At risk of being repetitive but I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding transferring funds to a foreign account from Argentina. I will be working in Argentina and will have a visa and receive my salary into my ARG bank account however I have credit cards with my bank in Australia that I will need to make payments on so I will need to be able to transfer money to my Australian savings account. Does anyone have experience in transferring funds between countries it won't be large amounts possibly $2000 AUD max per transfer. In Australia you simply obtain the international transfer code from your bank and the transaction can be done using online banking, I understand Argentina is vastly different but i'm hoping it is a similarly simple task, any advice would be appreciated.

These days as long as your funds are legal and everything is well documented (source of income), etc. you shouldn't have problems wiring funds from your Argentine account to your account abroad. I just sold another of my properties last week and I wired funds out as I did last year. I paid around $875 US to wire out $200,000 US.

Whats the best way to transfer $2500 from my dollar savings account in Argentina to the exterior to make a payment? Safe, fast and low cost.

I'm not in Argentina at the moment and I don't have a foreign account.

Hi all, if anybody in capital federal is interested in receiving pesos in exchange for sending money to Skrill/PayPal please let me know. (For clarity, you would be the one receiving pesos.) Thanks!

can I PM you for this?

Hi everyone,

I would check if Transferwise supports these operations, in the end you just need a "few" dollars to take care of your CCs outside of Argentina. This is widely discussed here: https://baexpats.org/threads/transferwise-comes-to-argentina.40054/
Mostly to get money INTO Argentina, but who knows, maybe it works the other way around...

Back