Ex-Pat in reverse.

Rachel

Registered
Hello, I am contemplating going to Bs.As in June 2007 for a summer study session but could wind up staying several months. I was born in Argentina, but came to the US at the age of 2 years and I'm 50 now. I just found out that even though I'm a naturalized US citizen, I never lost my Argentine citizenship. So I started the process in the Argentine Consulate in NYC to get my DNI and Passport.
I was wondering if anybody on the board has experience with dual citizenship? Also, as far as health insurance is concerned, can I sign up with a pre-pagada from the US or do I have to wait to go there. Also what are the waiting periods like?
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat

Rachel

Registered
thanks for the info. It is a big help. As to why I'm applying for a DNI and Argentine passport. I guess basically because I can. Things are not great in the USA and who knows what's going to happen later on. Thank God, Bush cant be elected to a third term. And I belive one should always have a choice of options.
Also I went to Europe last summer and found myself grateful to be able to say "I'm Argentine" when the anti-american sentiment would come up in conversation. Might be safer to travel on a non-us passport. Of course, I'd use the US passport to leave and re-enter the US. It's perfectly legal. My husband will be retired in about two years. I found out I have a distant cousin in Argentina who is some high rank in the Policia Federal. He is a lawyer also. When he retires he will open up a law practice. By then, I'll have finished my law school so...... there are possibilities of hooking up and having some sort of international practice serving the ex-pat community. Why wait till the last minute for the paperwork. I'm entitled to a DNI. It can't hurt to have so I'm going for it.
Ciao

bigbadwolf

Registered
"Rachel" said:
Things are not great in the USA and who knows what's going to happen later on. Thank God, Bush cant be elected to a third term. And I believe one should always have a choice of options.
You can say that again. I applaud your sentiments.