Ex-Pat in reverse.

Rachel

Registered
Hello, I am contemplating going to Bs.As in June 2007 for a summer study session but could wind up staying several months. I was born in Argentina, but came to the US at the age of 2 years and I'm 50 now. I just found out that even though I'm a naturalized US citizen, I never lost my Argentine citizenship. So I started the process in the Argentine Consulate in NYC to get my DNI and Passport.
I was wondering if anybody on the board has experience with dual citizenship? Also, as far as health insurance is concerned, can I sign up with a pre-pagada from the US or do I have to wait to go there. Also what are the waiting periods like?
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat

thanks for the info. It is a big help. As to why I'm applying for a DNI and Argentine passport. I guess basically because I can. Things are not great in the USA and who knows what's going to happen later on. Thank God, Bush cant be elected to a third term. And I belive one should always have a choice of options.
Also I went to Europe last summer and found myself grateful to be able to say "I'm Argentine" when the anti-american sentiment would come up in conversation. Might be safer to travel on a non-us passport. Of course, I'd use the US passport to leave and re-enter the US. It's perfectly legal. My husband will be retired in about two years. I found out I have a distant cousin in Argentina who is some high rank in the Policia Federal. He is a lawyer also. When he retires he will open up a law practice. By then, I'll have finished my law school so...... there are possibilities of hooking up and having some sort of international practice serving the ex-pat community. Why wait till the last minute for the paperwork. I'm entitled to a DNI. It can't hurt to have so I'm going for it.
Ciao

"Rachel" said:
Things are not great in the USA and who knows what's going to happen later on. Thank God, Bush cant be elected to a third term. And I believe one should always have a choice of options.
You can say that again. I applaud your sentiments.

Back