Excellent Place To Have Lunch Or Snacks In The Afternoon

I've found tripadvisor and the likes to be ok. Much better than guiaoleo anyway.

Few restaurant owners in BA told me that "guiaoleo" takes money to publish fake good reviews!

I can say for sure, such is not the case with Trip Advisor.

Few restaurant owners in BA told me that "guiaoleo" takes money to publish fake good reviews!

I can say for sure, such is not the case with Trip Advisor.

No, on TripAdvisor restaurants and hotels publish their own fake reviews, positive and negative (of themselves and their competitors).

No, on TripAdvisor restaurants and hotels publish their own fake reviews, positive and negative (of themselves and their competitors).

Its possible. But one can only publish one review of same restaurant in 6 months. So one must have 10-20 -30 accounts and even then..I trust reviews of "senior contributors" who have posted reviews on worldwide locations.

I have no issue with trash-talking a competitor, but it ought to be accompanied by full disclosure (e.g. "As a publisher of guidebooks, I am in direct competition with TripAdvisor").

My experience with TripAdvisor isn't too terrible. There is usually a large enough body of reviews that reading them with a bit of attention is enough to sift out what sounds real and what doesn't.

One man's rat-infested shit-hole is another man's favorite place for lunch.

Could be. I enjoyed my meal and time there. I did not rush to hospital next day with stomach infection.

I am still posting here. I am alive.

This foro is so special. You recommend a restaurant. And everyone stands with a sword in hand, to stab you 100 times each. ( And then they say, Ceviche does not join the coffee chats!)

The question is what is more painful..The stabs or the rat posioning?

Could be. I enjoyed my meal and time there. I did not rush to hospital next day with stoamch infection.

This foro is so special. You recommend a restaurant. And everyone stands with a sword in hand, to stab you 100 times each.

Your regular diet has provided the essential antibodies.

Could be. I enjoyed my meal and time there. I did not rush to hospital next day with stomach infection.

This foro is so special. You recommend a restaurant. And everyone stands with a sword in hand, to stab you 100 times each. ( And then they say, Ceviche does not join the coffee chats!)

Relax Ceviche, it was just a joke. I was making more of a comment on the "rat review" than your love of Fifi.

Which, BTW, I have eaten at a few times, though I haven't returned in a while. I usually went to one of my favorite restaurants around the corner (Baraka), but the quality has gone down a little over the years. I'll probably check out Fifi again later in the week.

I agree with Matias above. The extreme reviews on Trip Advisor are probably written by the competition.

There's no crying at BAexpats: https://youtu.be/6M8szlSa-8o

Which, BTW, I have eaten at a few times, though I haven't returned in a while. I usually went to one of my favorite restaurants around the corner (Baraka), but the quality has gone down a little over the years. I'll probably check out Fifi again later in the week.

Baraka has changed their name and menu and seems to be a different (although similar) restaurant now. I agree it's gone downhill.

Nearly next door to Fifi is Ninina, which is superior in my opinion, and having listened to the demands of BAExpats users, offers kale salads and smoothies.

http://www.ninina.com/

Back