Exercise in BA ...without subtitles

victoria said:
I do Pilates and I just watch the person next to me. Also, the instructor will physically correct my position if it's not right (as he/she does to everyone). Over the weeks I now know most of the directions in Spanish, but it's not necessary.

BA is a good city in which to do Pilates ... very reasonable if you pay by the month. I could never afford to take classes back home. I find it a fun and effective way to get maximum exercise.

Ah thanks Victoria...where do you go?

Talia said:
I have a friend who does Pilate as well, I'm going to start next month with her, she told me that you don't need to speak well spanish. But don't you want to take clases? I went to AIE, a very good spanish school near Callao (linea D), all teachers are so friendly y enthousiastic, It was really great and I learnt a lot very quickly. Good luck.

Thanks Talia...Of course I want to learn Spanish, I have been having lessons since October but can't afford many hours a week so it's slow! Thanks for the recommendations!!

Thanks all for the recommendations, my gym membership is up soon so I will look into some of your ideas. My Spanish is a little better too, I'm slowly learning!
Best wishes :)

jml said:
i suggest spinning classes. i have very basic spanish and its no problem and a great workout. you just need to learn, up, down, jump, resistance and a few others and you are good to go.
I'm looking for spinning classes at the moment, where did you take them?

Hi there! I've got a Pilates Studio in Palermo and offer some of my classes in English.
E-mail me for more info.... [email protected]

I've been to yoga with Ivy and she's great!!!
She was teaching a few blocks from my house and then she moved her classes to Recoleta, and I haven't been back since, but I definitely enjoyed it!!!

I also don't mind going for walks, let me know if you're interested and we could set up a couple of times a week....

Hope to hear from ya!!!!

Back