Expat Deported At Ezeiza

Without getting too into it, I think most people who live here realize that we are guests allowed to stay. I never felt I have the right to be here, and am grateful for the laxity Argentina has shown me before I acquired permanent residency. I think most people appreciate the openness.

Sorry to hear about your friend Canick... what a stressful awful situation. I hope everything works out for him and one day soon he'll be allowed to come back.

In my modest opinion, and with this I do not want to encourage anybody to o anything, having lived here all of my life, I can say that the more obvious you do things, the lesser chances of getting caught. If I was a perma tourist, there is no way in hell I would have done the Colonia run, or left the country without taking precautions - aka I might get deported -. If you want to come and stay here, you come and do so. You do not go around crossing borders, etc. The day you had it with Arg, you just leave. Most people without visa or residency do so and do not have issues. I never quite go the Colonia run idea, etc. Unless it is to go get usd, it makes no sense at all. The country is very lax in some aspects, but people at immigration, or customs, they really do not like to be taken for idiots as in when you come and bring a lot of stuff back, you have to declare something, even if it is non taxable or things are just too obvious. The bottom line is, if you do not have all the papers, come and stay if you want to stay, and leave when you are ready to go - unless emergency of course - just do not push it.

He was thinking on applying citizenship.

I cannot provide further info because i m not authorized by the person who was deported.

I just can suggest to flight to a border country and then come back by land or a ferry, then, if you get deported, it is better that they send you back to Uruguay.

However, he has the right to live here and it can be enforced at Court. I already won a similar case.'

Sucks a lot.
And if he/she lived here since years, all his/her stuff are here.
Looks wiser to fly through Montevideo for permatourists.

All it takes is a couple hundred thousand invested in a home in the US and you have automatic residence. And if you are poor just head down to the Rio Grande cross and you're in the US and we the people will take care of you forever and you don;t even have to pay taxes...

As someone who went through the legal process to become a US resident, this statement above is not correct.

Not sure of your point but there are plenty of both entering the US everyday. All it takes is a couple hundred thousand invested in a home in the US and you have automatic residence. And if you are poor just head down to the Rio Grande cross and you're in the US and we the people will take care of you forever and you don;t even have to pay taxes...

Many people who are not legal US residents pay taxes anyway, while receiving few or no benefits. I daresay they are often more conscientious about doing so than the Teabag whiners whose states are the biggest beneficiaries of federal tax dollars.

Okay, here is my plan for what I'm going to bring with me to fly to and from the U.S. at the end of this month. This time around I've been here since April of this year and will have to pay the fine upon leaving for the first time ever (used to leave the country every 90 days). I last left in August 2013, but now have a new-ish passport that doesn't have any Argentina stamps in it except for the one from this April. I've never been clear on whether the entries/exits from old passports show up on the screen when they scan the new passport. Anyway, here goes:

Copy of my marriage license
Copy of my permanent resident husband's DNI (the first two items would be to show I could get residency through him; I could say I plan on it)
Copy of a flight reservation I have from BA to Colombia in October
Copy of a flight reservation I have from Colombia-Brazil-Colombia, also in October

If they deport me even though I have the above, I will eat my hat (and then come post the story for y'all, complete with every gory detail).

Okay, here is my plan for what I'm going to bring with me to fly to and from the U.S. at the end of this month. This time around I've been here since April of this year and will have to pay the fine upon leaving for the first time ever (used to leave the country every 90 days). I last left in August 2013, but now have a new-ish passport that doesn't have any Argentina stamps in it except for the one from this April. I've never been clear on whether the entries/exits from old passports show up on the screen when they scan the new passport. Anyway, here goes:

Copy of my marriage license
Copy of my permanent resident husband's DNI (the first two items would be to show I could get residency through him; I could say I plan on it)
Copy of a flight reservation I have from BA to Colombia in October
Copy of a flight reservation I have from Colombia-Brazil-Colombia, also in October

If they deport me even though I have the above, I will eat my hat (and then come post the story for y'all, complete with every gory detail).

Is this a joke or you are trying to rub it in somebody's face?

Back