Expat Deported At Ezeiza

I know a couple of European guys ( not on this forum) who recently left Argentina permanently because they could not get residency. Their country of citizenship did not allow dual citizenship and henceforth that was not a option.

They were working illegally here for 2-3 years and their embassy ( a first world European country)..warned them that things are heating up and if they were to leave for a holiday or for anything, they may not be able to enter the country back.

So these two fellas took this advise seriously ( after all it was given to them by their embassy) and left the country permanently. They did not want to be in a situation where they are deported and their things are still lying in their respective departmentos in BA.

So unless one is a temporary or permanent resident or already a citizen, I would not push the luck too far at the immigration and just say ( oh I would pay the fine"

The last option is :- that is if you are that desperate and not sure if you want to be a resident or a citizen here and think this is the only way --- come here for good, live without residency/citizenship and leave for ever, the day when you are done!

Sorry to hear, what a nightmare under any circumstances. That Air Canada flight out of EZE makes a stop in Santiago, Chile on its way to Toronto. Hope they can book him through to Toronto. Another hassle in Chile?

I just took this flight this week, you go through a metal detector and wait for light 45 mins before re-boarding. You can pee, buy some stuff and wait at the gate.
They change the crew, clean the plane, then refill.

To whomever it happened to: I'm sorry you got deported :( I'm back living in Toronto now myself, if you want someone to chat with or if I can help with something
please PM me and I'll try my best. Don't give up yet. Remember, it's Argentina: for every no there is 3 yes' :)

He was thinking on applying citizenship.

I cannot provide further info because i m not authorized by the person who was deported.

I just can suggest to flight to a border country and then come back by land or a ferry, then, if you get deported, it is better that they send you back to Uruguay.

However, he has the right to live here and it can be enforced at Court. I already won a similar case.'

That's my lawyer!

The only one who actually does the leg work! Others may have copied the path that he blazed, but I doubt they'd lift a finger when stuff starts getting real.

El Abogado Para Todos!

PS- I no longer have to worry about any of this stuff.

That's my lawyer!

The only one who actually does the leg work!

When I praised this lawyer before, I got lot of bad comments and sometimes bad mails from people who hate this lawyer for reasons best known to them. Someone even called me, his mole!

So inpast 1 year, I have stop praising this lawyer.

His work speaks for itself!

When I praised this lawyer before, I got lot of bad comments and sometimes bad mails from people who hate this lawyer for reasons best known to them. So inpast 1 year, I have stop praising this lawyer.

His work speaks for itself!

I disagree with Bajo on lots of things, but he's always sounded knowledgeable and conscientious on immigration matters. If I had an immigration issue, I would almost certainly consult with him.

I disagree with Bajo on lots of things, but he's always sounded knowledgeable and conscientious on immigration matters. If I had an immigration issue, I would almost certainly consult with him.

An immigrant is, by definition, somoene who comes to a country to take up permanent residcene. That is not the same thing as becomming a citizen, though immigration may indeed pave the way to citizenship and be necessary to obtain it.

While he is certainly knowledgeable about "immigration" matters, Dr. Ribliar specializes in Argentine citizenship for foreigners which is a matter for the federal courts,not Argentine Migraciones, which has no authority over citizenship.

PS: Based on what those who have paid for legal representation to get Argentine citizenship have posted in related threads, representing foreigners applying for citizesnship in the Argenine Federal Courts is a far more lucrative endeavor than representing foreginers applying for residency at Argentine Migraciones...and it should be.

If you have a certain amount to invest, you can get residence. It's well upwards of US$200,000, though.

I never quoted $200k, that was sergio who came up with that number. But actually it could be less than $200k... as with most things it depends... on many things. Obviosuly there are no experts on the matter here judging by the responses.

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/e-2-treaty-investors

An immigrant is, by definition, somoene who comes to a country to take up permanent residcene. That is not the same thing as becomming a citizen, though immigration may indeed pave the way to citizenship and be necessary to obtain it.

While he is certainly knowledgeable about "immigration" matters, Dr. Ribliar specializes in Argentine citizenship for foreigners which is a matter for the federal courts,not Argentine Migraciones, which has no authority over citizenship.

PS: Based on what those who have paid for legal representation to get Argentine citizenship have posted in related threads, representing foreigners applying for citizesnship in the Argenine Federal Courts is a far more lucrative endeavor than representing foreginers applying for residency at Argentine Migraciones...and it should be.

Though Dr. Rubilar may not be a native English-speaker, his spelling and grammar are superior to those of home-schooled native speakers on fortified compounds outside Bahía Blanca.

Back