Expat drinks night/meetup?

Hey. There are actually two of us heading to BA from Chicago. We'll be arriving April 24th and would always be interested in a night of drinks. We really know nothing about the city other than what we've read in preparation. We'll be in the country for about 4 months.

27/F & 27/M

I actually just heard that there is a Converstaion Club every Thursday night from 7-9pm at Pink Lola in Palermo Hollywood (Costa Rica 5886). Apparently expats and locals attend but have never been so i cant say how many people actually show up. Do you guys want to meet there this Thursday or next or would you prefer San Telmo? my email is [email protected]

Chicos, check out www.expatconnection.com, they have a variety of activities and segmented by interest and age group. I think it's good for a first immersion into social life here. At least until you find more people to hang out with!
Good luck!

No offense alulula, but that link sucked. Is it the link you meant to post? It appears to be more of an expat search engine.

Wow. looks like I REALLY am the ONLY expat living in Avellaneda. Yeah I'd like to meet up with other expats as well. This weekend might not be good since I have a meeting in Florencio Varela in regards to a school photography gig this Friday and I will be doing photo/video for a private birthday party in Lanus on Saturday. I'm going to be having a birthday of my own (my 1st one in Argentina) on the 26th of April, which is next Saturday. Anyone up for it or having any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks, alulula, for the link -- after modification with the hyphen (that's what the short dash is called)!

Hi All,
I've just joined this site today as i intend to spend a little time in BA before possibly commiting full-time. I would relish the opportunity to get to know a little more about the city from people who have actually experienced it first hand- i spent a few days there in Feb / March this year
I am presently looking for flights from the UK towards the end of this month. Any recommendations for areas to rent temporarily and maybe property-letting agents?
If you guys feel comfortable, please feel free to email me directly on [email protected]
Cheers,
Ade

Hi all-Just joined the forum, I'll be in BsAs for the next 4 or 5 months from Boston. The conversation club tomorrow night sounds good - I've been looking for some conversation classes as my Spanish needs a lot of work. I just went to a free conversation class today at 4776 Charcas #9c - it's every Wed. at 3:30 if anyone's interested. It was a good hour of conversation. Also, anybody else in search of somewhere to watch baseball??!! Mary

"mclancy" said:
Hi all-
Just joined the forum, I'll be in BsAs for the next 4 or 5 months from Boston. The conversation club tomorrow night sounds good - I've been looking for some conversation classes as my Spanish needs a lot of work. I just went to a free conversation class today at 4776 Charcas #9c - it's every Wed. at 3:30 if anyone's interested. It was a good hour of conversation. Also, anybody else in search of somewhere to watch baseball??!!
Mary
Que Tal !!! I was just curious as to the details of the conversation session you spoke of (on Charcas). I live on the 4,400 block of Charcas and would love something that close. I am currently taking some private lessons but would love to supplement with a gathering to talk and get to know some more people. Is this place a residence / bar / restaurant. I would love a reply...Thanks

Back