Expat Job in Campana - how to buy/lease a car?

ScottBLDR

Registered
Hello - my name is Scott Mosier, and I will be relocating to Argentina for a two-yr. assignment in the next few months (working in Campana). I am from Colorado in the US, and will be looking for everything you would think an expat would be interested in, but right now, I'm trying to understand car buying/lease options so I can gauge if the car allowance I am being offered is reasonable.

Not sure if this is the perfect place to ask this question, but please point me in the right direction if it is not.

I am unclear how car lease/purchases work in Argentina with high inflation and uncertainty around the peso. Ideally, I would lease a car if I was in the US for this 2-yr assignment.

Can anyone give me an overview or direction on where to go for lease/buy options?

Thanks, Scott

Scott
I don't think leasing exists here. With the interest rate over 60%, it wouldn't make sense anyways.
Come with cash to buy a car. Prices are almost double the US, look at mercado libre or autos com ar for prices.

Make sure you will be paid in USD.

Good luck!

A car is a good idea. Live in CABA...and drive to Campana to work...

And get a apartment with reserved parking space.

Hello - my name is Scott Mosier, and I will be relocating to Argentina for a two-yr. assignment in the next few months (working in Campana). I am from Colorado in the US, and will be looking for everything you would think an expat would be interested in, but right now, I'm trying to understand car buying/lease options so I can gauge if the car allowance I am being offered is reasonable.

Not sure if this is the perfect place to ask this question, but please point me in the right direction if it is not.

I am unclear how car lease/purchases work in Argentina with high inflation and uncertainty around the peso. Ideally, I would lease a car if I was in the US for this 2-yr assignment.

Can anyone give me an overview or direction on where to go for lease/buy options?

Thanks, Scott
We bought a car in September of last year. We weren't able to get any sort of financing because we are retired and have no regular source of income, like a job; we had to pay cash. The car we bought was actually cheaper than the same model in the US. Maybe it was just a question of timing-- when the dollar was near it's peak (for that time) and prices hadn't started to go up yet.

We bought a car in September of last year. We weren't able to get any sort of financing because we are retired and have no regular source of income, like a job; we had to pay cash. The car we bought was actually cheaper than the same model in the US. Maybe it was just a question of timing-- when the dollar was near it's peak (for that time) and prices hadn't started to go up yet.
Was you allowed to drive outside the Argentina with this car, it has argentinian plates?

Back