Expat wine group?

Wow, sounds like a bunch of fun, classy folks! Have fun with your box wine and your young, trashy parties! Sorry I bothered to offer my "snobby" services!

fifs2 said:
BOOOOO,no experts allowed...wheres the fun in knowing everything whereas the rest can barely distinguish red from rose...:)...also can we be ageist and restrict under 25s...please...

Oh, my SINCEREST apologies for devoting my life to wine and food and offering my "services" to you mere "mortals". Touchy, much?

Postmodernchild said:
what a treat to have AJisthenewAR and I support fifs2 request on some age requirement please

AJisthenewAR said:
Wow, sounds like a bunch of fun, classy folks! Have fun with your box wine and your young, trashy parties! Sorry I bothered to offer my "snobby" services!

AJ..I was joking. Thats what smiley faces are for right? Im not young nor trashy and I value expertise where I find it. In true politican form "I apologise if you found my post offensive", it wasnt meant and maybe you need to be more sure of yourself and not let silly posts get to you, especially ones that are not vitriolic and intentional or you willnever survive a response from Cabrera, Bajo cero, Lee etc...

Would be willing to host a wine event. I live near San Telmo. PM if interested.
( And personally,..I'm only interested in Argentine wines, since that's basically all I can get and would like to learn more about them.)

If any under 25s want to get together to drink and talk about wine, I'd still be interested. Over 25s are welcome too!

i'm not putting an age restriction on the first event. We will talk about it at the first event for future ones, but as far as I'm concerned if under 25s know enough about wine to make it worth their while to go to a $100+bottle night then more power to them. Plus its more variety for the rest of us.

" but as far as I'm concerned if under 25s know enough about wine to make it worth their while to go to a $100+bottle night then more power to them."

You want to spend $100 per bottle? Sorry,..price and quality do not walk hand and hand in this country. You are wasting your time looking at a price. There are many good wines for under $100. (Concentrate on the different grape varieties this country uses,..that's what's interesting.) Taste is the final test not -$-

fifs2 said:
BOOOOO,no experts allowed...wheres the fun in knowing everything whereas the rest can barely distinguish red from rose...:)...also can we be ageist and restrict under 25s...please...
I understand from your subsequent apology and attempted justification for this odd, infantile (how much under are 25 are you?) post that you did not mean to offend. If that is true, you should exercise better, more mature judgment in posting because the simple import of your words constitutes a hostile rejection of what was an interesting offer.
stop trying to give advice to posters and back off.
Out of curiousity, are you an expat?

Back