Expat wine group?

If there is one more spot open we would love it. There is two of us. Sorry, didnt find the other thread. Needing a when and where.

Drew

ptolemy said:
" but as far as I'm concerned if under 25s know enough about wine to make it worth their while to go to a $100+bottle night then more power to them."

You want to spend $100 per bottle? Sorry,..price and quality do not walk hand and hand in this country. You are wasting your time looking at a price. There are many good wines for under $100. (Concentrate on the different grape varieties this country uses,..that's what's interesting.) Taste is the final test not -$-

I guess Ill respond to this. I am fully aware that quality and price do not always go hand in hand, in this country or in any country in the world. And especially when we are talking about wine. However, I had to consider that we are all at different stages in our wine drinking adventures and it would simply be unfair to not include a price.

If I just wrote "fine wine", one person may interpret that as an opportunity to pull a $400 pesos bottle of Argentino that they've been sitting on for a couple years. To someone else, that may mean go pick up a 50 peso bottle of Luigi Bosca Reserva from coto which, to him or her, may as well be the same thing. I don't need to tell you how the person who brought the expensive bottle might feel if that were to happen.

I agree that it should be about taste and not price. And once we get to know each other and what we like - assuming that this one event develops into something more as I hope it will -, then, at that point, yes, price will surely fade into the background of personal favorites, exotic varietals, and what have you.

But there was absolutely no way I could have an event like this among strangers without putting a price range on it.

On another note. I'll see all the confirmed on thursday. If ONE more person wants to come, I can probably fit you in; just post in the other thread or send me a PM.

Just checking in. I won't be in BA till march 7th, so can't make this one. However if its a success and you are going to do one next month I can bring a bottle or two. Any preferences?

Back