Expired Passport in October

KevinJH

Registered
My passport expires this coming October. How do I reissue it? I assume I need to go to the US Embassy. Anyone know about costs? How long it takes? Do I need to make an appointment with the embassy or can I just show up? If I need to go how long does that take? Any thoughts, suggestions are welcome. thanks!

You guys form the USA are lucky.

UK nationals have to courier the application to Washington , whee they issue all pasports for Brits resident in the Americas . Other wise we have to advantage of a trip home and get the expedited service at the passport office.

Easy to do at the embassy, quit being so lazy and figure these things out yourself.

Philsword said:
Easy to do at the embassy, quit being so lazy and figure these things out yourself.
Nice one Phil, Sometimes though its just about people reaching out to know there are other people out there like them. Would you give your kid a bike with no training wheels and say "go and work it out yourself?"

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/passports.html

The easiest way if you qualify is by mail (see website) otherwisr use the website to make an appt to go but arrange for them when you make the appt and when you are there to deliver the passport to you back by courier (its extra but its soo much simpler)

Raymond said:
Nice one Phil, Sometimes though its just about people reaching out to know there are other people out there like them. Would you give your kid a bike with no training wheels and say "go and work it out yourself?"

Thanks, the answer to the question was so obvious that most adults could probably figure it out without help and yes in my opinion asking for help on on the obvious shows at least a lack of initiative. You begin to wonder why some folks aren't writing in to ask for directions to their local airport in an attempt to reach out for emotional support for their flight to Argentina.

:) true, once dropped off by the family at the airport..old habits still die hard, its a skill best learnt quickly when travelling. go hard or go home, but you gotta give props for leaving in the first place.
Philsword said:
Thanks, the answer to the question was so obvious that most adults could probably figure it out without help and yes in my opinion asking for help on on the obvious shows at least a lack of initiative. You begin to wonder why some folks aren't writing in to ask for directions to their local airport in an attempt to reach out for emotional support for their flight to Argentina.

I've renewed my US Passport several times over the years... Last time was in October 2010. I checked the embassy website and I mailed in the pictures, forms, my old passport, a credit card authorization form. The next day they called and confirmed that they received it, and about a week later got another call that the passport was ready to be picked up. I heard that they changed the policy now, and I think you have to pay in person, but I'm not sure...

Back