Eze

Kate101

Registered
I have been fairly warned by you guys not to expect anything by mail/post. So now the thought of 3 suitcases is apparent. I was wondering if EZE has those carts that I can pull everything thru customs by myself.
Will customs give me grief about so much luggage if my Visa does not come thru?

I have been fairly warned by you guys not to expect anything by mail/post. So now the thought of 3 suitcases is apparent. I was wondering if EZE has those carts that I can pull everything thru customs by myself.
Will customs give me grief about so much luggage if my Visa does not come thru?
Yes they have carts and they are free. Last time I arrived in the afternoon and there was no wait at customs. I think the mornings are the rush hour for international arrivals - expect a long wait to feed your bags through the x-ray machines.

I doubt if you will even feed the xray machine. Just carry your passport in clear view and you will get waved through.

customs will actually give you more grief is your visa does come thru- that is to say, they care almost not at all about standard 90 day tourist visas, which are issued in ten seconds at the point of entry.
But the exit from the airport, with your 3 suitcases, is different from that- if you are not obviously argentine, they dont even look at your passport.

There are two related, but freestanding systems here- 1 is immigration, which issues visas.
2 is customs, which collects duty.
at EZE, the two are pretty separate, and customs applies to Argentine citizens, not, in practical terms, to US passport holders, unless you have 2 dozen iphones and a half dozen laptops, in which case they may actually wake up as your bags go thru the xray machine.

dont worry about it.
3 bags is nothing.
I have come thru with five before. with 6 foot long 1 foot diameter cardboard tubes, with sewing machines, complete sets of pots and pans, with towels and sheets for a 2 bedroom apt, with stereos, monitors, computers, and arcane devices of all sorts.
If you are not travelling on an Argentine passport, they just dont care, unless you are obviously importing bulk items to resell.

They have ALWAYS made me put my bags through the x-ray, but then have never done anything about it. I often have 2 checked bags and then some; you should be totally fine. They don't differentiate. The only time they ever asked questions was when I had glass jars (had done some grocery shopping for tahini and good mustard) and they asked me what was in them to make sure they were processed/preserved foods and not fresh foods. That's all!

Last Nov was the first time in 7 years I had to open anything. He looked inside my carry-on which contained an old Gaggia espresso machine. But that bag had been looked a at least 4 times on the trip from Seattle to BsAs. We carry tons of stuff every trip.

Nancy

customs will actually give you more grief is your visa does come thru- that is to say, they care almost not at all about standard 90 day tourist visas, which are issued in ten seconds at the point of entry.
But the exit from the airport, with your 3 suitcases, is different from that- if you are not obviously argentine, they dont even look at your passport.

There are two related, but freestanding systems here- 1 is immigration, which issues visas.
2 is customs, which collects duty.
at EZE, the two are pretty separate, and customs applies to Argentine citizens, not, in practical terms, to US passport holders, unless you have 2 dozen iphones and a half dozen laptops, in which case they may actually wake up as your bags go thru the xray machine.

dont worry about it.
3 bags is nothing.
I have come thru with five before. with 6 foot long 1 foot diameter cardboard tubes, with sewing machines, complete sets of pots and pans, with towels and sheets for a 2 bedroom apt, with stereos, monitors, computers, and arcane devices of all sorts.
If you are not travelling on an Argentine passport, they just dont care, unless you are obviously importing bulk items to resell.
Ries-san. And how much for the custom duties you had to pay for all those belongings and not even going to ask how much you paid for Airline over weight luggages or excess. Iam never to fly American again, they charged me a US$100 for over weight the last time i flew to Lat Am, from now on, LAN chile all the way!

Ries-san. And how much for the custom duties you had to pay for all those belongings and not even going to ask how much you paid for Airline over weight luggages or excess. Iam never to fly American again, they charged me a US$100 for over weight the last time i flew to Lat Am, from now on, LAN chile all the way!
I have never paid ANY customs duties, or even had an Argentine customs agent ask me a single question, in 20- 30 trips.

I dont pay overweight or excess, because my wife flies so much for business that she gets free extra bags. I own a scale, and when packing, make sure no bags exceed 50lbs, or the current max.
I come down here all the time, and I bring things both ways.
I buy various materials in Argentina that I use in my art and craft work, and so I am part of the New Trade Route.

I know the drill, I know the maximum weights and values allowed, and dont exceed either, never had a problem with customs at either end, in 7 years of yo-yo-ing.

I have never paid ANY customs duties, or even had an Argentine customs agent ask me a single question, in 20- 30 trips.

I dont pay overweight or excess, because my wife flies so much for business that she gets free extra bags. I own a scale, and when packing, make sure no bags exceed 50lbs, or the current max.
I come down here all the time, and I bring things both ways.
I buy various materials in Argentina that I use in my art and craft work, and so I am part of the New Trade Route.

I know the drill, I know the maximum weights and values allowed, and dont exceed either, never had a problem with customs at either end, in 7 years of yo-yo-ing.
Hmmm, then you must have much elevated status flying tickets than me the mortal soul. My ticket saz, maximum of "two" luggages and each not to exceed 23 Kg! so "third one" and on has to be charged as extras at the counter with bunch of US$! So More pawah to you !

Back