Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

Last I heard Chervenkov was in the Slovakian premier league. Which actually brings up a case of amicable divorce with the division of Czechoslovakia. I would rather see Sevastopol go the way of Prague than the way of Sarajevo. Not likely though, with Putin and Nato/EU doing all they can to bring about another mass slaughter.

Votes are not equal and can't compare them really. Besides, even if I was an Argentine
I'd rather be a part of the UK than this regressing failing state.

Anyways, regarding Crimea, here's 3 reasons why it's a scam referendum, but we knew
it was anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXG67YJVZuQ

woman-casts-her-ballot-crimea-referendum-while-holding-russian-flag.jpg

10069401_H12537859-600x395.jpg

1394966322000-AFP-528113838.jpg

Would you dare show your desire to be part of Ukraine with a thousands of Russian "self defense"
soldiers wearing Russian solider uniforms with guns everywhere and angry mobs ready to lynch
you?

Back to Falklands, they were invaded by another country and their home country came to defend them.
It's like when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, just because it was a territory at the time didn't me we let it
happen without issue, and even if you believe that the relatives of Liliuokalani deserves to control it still,
you don't go and invade Hawaii because of this.

I'm also going to rant about Malvinas Day, It's like making September 1st a holiday in Germany. Yes,
you can say "oh the poor boys where following a dictator" but would you say that about Hitler?

Anyways, this sums up Crimea well:

145516_600.jpg

Ok I like where this is all going, and it's fun to watch the Russians rig stuff even when it isn't really necessary, but I do sense a lack of perspective re the Russian position.

As far as Russia is concerned, Crimea being/belonging to Ukraine is a fluke of nature - a completely Russian territory that a cranky dictator 'assigned' to Ukraine back when the move was thoroughly devoid of any practical implications (anyone care if Rosario is in Buenos Aires province or in Entre Rios? Now imagine if those provinces become independent, less-than-friendly neighbors - then it'd matter a bit more..).

From Russia's standpoint, they were willing to humor this setup so far as the practical implications of Ukraine's 'sovereignty' were on paper only (the very name 'Ukraine' means 'on the periphery', and has always been viewed as part of Greater Russia), but they'll be damned if cities which have always been considered near-Russian for all intents, now become allied more closely with, say Germany than with them.

The ridiculous thing here is that it's pretty likely that the result would've been the same absent any manipulation and with all of William Hague's conditions being met. But better not leave anything to chance, I guess...

Personally, the only positive thing to come out of this whole rancid mess is that we get treated to daily doses of the US foreign office preaching about "respect for international law" and how "aggression will destabilise the region". More laughs than Piñon Fijo!

Thers's a lot of Crimea!!!.

That beacon of democray "eu" helped create this problem by paying peasants to revolt against the pro Rusky,democratically elected president cause they want to extend their empiire to turkey.The eu allowed Ireland a referendum then made them have another one till they voted in favour of the eu,at least these two
territories have been allowed one,(or two) but the British politicins(skum) won't allow the people to have a referendum regarding the withdrawal from the said
eu.There's democracy for you.

Can Ruskies go live in Crimea?Brits can't live in Falklands without permission from Stanley.

Back