Falklands In Light Of Crimea Rhetoric

I'd say that box was opened long ago when Nato made the mess it did in the former Yugoslavia (see: Slovenia, international recognition of). The Russians aren't half as innovative at creating demographic contradictions as that chart gives them credit for.

The West is engaged in a dangerous game of brinkmanship with the Russian bear. The cold war never really ended. What's happening in the Ukraine is clearly a case of the West being the aggressor and engineering a regime change in a country that is vitally important to Russia and squarely in her sphere of influence - not to mention that it sits on her border.

I love how the Ukraine was originally set to accept a $15 billion loan from Putin which was immediately increased to $35 billion as soon as the new govt. took power. I guess the IMF figured that $15 billion wasn't enough to turn the Ukraine into a debt slave country who will be fleeced of her assets and turned into another Greece.

Russia is completely justified in her actions. How would the US feel were Russia to engineer a regime change in Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico and install a new leader who was buddy buddy with the Kremlin. And to top it all off, this is not the first time in recent memory that something similar has occurred. In 2008, Georgian forces attacked Russian posts in South Ossetia, a move that had NATO's fingerprints all over it. Even now, NATO is in discussions with Georgia for it to be granted membership.

Ukraine crisis: bugged call reveals conspiracy theory about Kiev snipers

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/ukraine-bugged-call-catherine-ashton-urmas-paet

Votes are not equal and can't compare them really. Besides, even if I was an Argentine
I'd rather be a part of the UK than this regressing failing state.

Anyways, regarding Crimea, here's 3 reasons why it's a scam referendum, but we knew
it was anyways:

Would you dare show your desire to be part of Ukraine with a thousands of Russian "self defense"
soldiers wearing Russian solider uniforms with guns everywhere and angry mobs ready to lynch
you?

Back to Falklands, they were invaded by another country and their home country came to defend them.
It's like when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, just because it was a territory at the time didn't me we let it
happen without issue, and even if you believe that the relatives of Liliuokalani deserves to control it still,
you don't go and invade Hawaii because of this.

I'm also going to rant about Malvinas Day, It's like making September 1st a holiday in Germany. Yes,
you can say "oh the poor boys where following a dictator" but would you say that about Hitler?

Anyways, this sums up Crimea well:

145516_600.jpg

Would you be so kind to tell me where you are from? Just for fun I'd like to name countries that are better than yours and therefore the countries you would rather be from, according to your logic.

Would you be so kind to tell me where you are from? Just for fun I'd like to name countries that are better than yours and therefore the countries you would rather be from, according to your logic.

(USA/Canada) I can name a few, and by better I mean more equality, better education and health care let me save you the time:

Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Australia.

I'm proud to be an American but we don't care enough about our fellow man so that's why I'd say these countries are doing a better job.

As for Argentina I can name about 50, let's just go with this list (and don't feel bad! Arge (barely) still in the very HDI list):

jYr4jgA.png

No objections on the Board to ex KGB agent Putin intervening in Crimea?

0010797780.jpg

I object and believe I stated as much. While the EU/Nato have certainly created the situation and are playing their usual dirty tricks, this is still no excuse for Russia or anyone else to stoop to the US's level of invading other countries. International law provides various ways to resolve the situation, but neither EU/Nato nor Putin are adhering to them, so they are therefore rogue states.

MqTzqRq.png

taken from
http://iri.org/sites/default/files/2013%20October%207%20Survey%20of%20Crimean%20Public%20Opinion,%20May%2016-30,%202013.pdf

ejot in argie,is that pic really you?bear a striking resemblance to mr.potato head prior to the permanent syrup surgery.

Back