Famous Expat Struggled To Leave Arg, Now Returns Voluntarily

Mmmmm. I've always liked good alfajores, but now I'm curious about those mini chocolate cookies with chocolate centers?

Yes I once presented a box at a business meeting in US. Half the table spat the first bite out in the paper bin. Awkward...I think it's the "cow" taste of the dulce de leche that's too reminiscent of dung..

No! Really? I always take alfajores to the U.S., and people arm-wrestle for them.

No! Really? I always take alfajores to the U.S., and people arm-wrestle for them.

Yep really but to be fair it was the little black cones of chocolate covered ddl that really had people retching..,now I've got a full on craving for a 3 layer oreo alfajor..nothing satisfies like that big boy and a cup of coffee.

I've had mixed reactions taking alphas back to the US, but in general everyone loves the brown ones. When I would take back mixed boxes, the white ones were often left untouched.

Not sure why, but the Havanas make the inside of my mouth itch. Though that usually doesn't stop me from eating one or two.

EDIT: However, by far the most popular Argentine treat I took back to the US were Cabshas.

I once made mistake and gave dulce de leche to my sister's kids. I think it is still somewhere stored, one spoon missing. Sister probably doesn't have heart to throw it away ...

Back