Feel Good Thread!

You should see my wedding video! ...all those dancing lessons and the end result was a clumsy barely coordinated stumble around for the first dance. My poor wife! ...I tried to tell her !

...and now she wants to take tango classes together.

Trust me Irishmen were MADE to dance tango..just stand tall, be very commanding and let her do all the moves around you..tango is great for any man whose hips don't seem to have movable joints..like my swedish husband.

Found a real Tibetan Buddhist center in Palermo with a Brasilero Rimpoche who's Spanish was so well pronounced that even I could understand it! I feel like I have a sangha again!

The mist the morning gave the city an air of a romance novel and the clear blue skies and lovely temperature this afternoon made it a joy to be outside. Had a coffee with my husband without the kids and we had some of the nicest medialunas I've had in a long time. It's been a good day.

Turns out my girlfriend has 2 weeks of uni during the ski season, which means more time on the slopes & cpl of days in Mendoza!!

My boyfriend and I woke up Sunday morning and decided we'd take a road trip through Mendoza, Paraguay, Southern Brazil and Uruguay this week. Brazilian visas are no easy feat for Americans, but were were only turned away ONCE from the visa office and were granted them within 24 hours (not what we expected at ALL)! Then I take our salchichas to the vet down the street and am seen right away to get the vet travel papers. No wait, no issue whatsoever, and our new vet is an absolute sweetheart. After picking up a rental car and a quick trip to SENASA tomorrow we'll be on our way to exploring more of South America.

I also ate 5 empanadas today. I win.

Every day when I wake up, I get to see how my son (who will be 10 weeks old on Thursday) continues to thrive, grow, evolve, do new things, and amaze me. Being a parent thus far has been incredibly challenging (and sometimes I feel unsure), but also incredibly rewarding and is unlike anything I've ever exprienced before, no doubt it's put a lot of things in perspective for me. I love him to pieces.

My son recently caught a cold, and being first time parents, my husband and I were concerned and wound up calling OSDE who sent a pediatrician over to our home within 2 hours... Something like that is an unheard of luxury in the US. It is an incredible relief to know that his health will not be compromised based on money, and that even if he does get sick (which will eventually happen, we all get sick at some point), I won't have to hesitate to seek medical help for him because of a worry about how much seeing a doctor will cost.

Back