Feminist Group

I especially tend to find American women graceless, crude and somewhat too masculine.

Coudn't agree more!

American girls are like 'macho men'. They behave and talk like men. And the worse thing is that they often complain saying these words "men we enounter are not masculine enough!! " How can you find the man masculine "enough", if you are like a "macho man" yrself, for pete's sake!

Or the other thing they say " Oh, the men are so scared to approach me, I have such a intimidating personality. I wish the men were not scared to approach me." what do you expect from a man, if you are behaving like a macho man yrself?????

Most funny thing is that these American girls come in search of "macho" Latin men here, as if the American men they encounter are not good enough for them. These girls especially like when the Latin/Argentine men treat them the same as they treat local girls. It gets the pulse of American girls living/visiting here, racing and their hearts skip a beat. This behaviour of the local men is absolutely acceptable to them. All the feminism inside them, then stops dead on its tracks But a American man dare not try the same advances with them as the local guys! Then suddenly, these girls start trying to tone down on their 'macho men' personalities, so that local latino/Argentino man accepts them permanently! Alternatively, these American women, continue with their 'macho man personality' and like to take the role of the man in their relationship and end up making the local Latin man into a poor 'house husband' to wash the dishes and change the diapers on a dailyyyy basis.

I'd love to see the Femen militate here.

In memoriam, a French ad from the 1970s
04_femme_pipe_pull_mmmhh.jpg

It's getting chilli but I'd settle for "une femme, une pipe" :rolleyes:

Coudn't agree more!

American girls are like 'macho men'. They behave and talk like men. And the worse thing is that they often complain saying these words "men we enounter are not masculine enough!! " How can you find the man masculine "enough", if you are like a "macho man" yrself, for pete's sake!

Or the other thing they say " Oh, the men are so scared to approach me, I have such a intimidating personality. I wish the men were not scared to approach me." what do you expect from a man, if you are behaving like a macho man yrself?????

Most funny thing is that these American girls come in search of "macho" Latin men here, as if the American men they encounter are not good enough for them. These girls especially like when the Latin/Argentine men treat them the same as they treat local girls. It gets the pulse of American girls living/visiting here, racing and their hearts skip a beat. This behaviour of the local men is absolutely acceptable to them. All the feminism inside them, then stops dead on its tracks But a American man dare not try the same advances with them as the local guys! Then suddenly, these girls start trying to tone down on the 'macho men' personalities, so that local latino/Argentino man accepts them permanently! alternatively, they try to take the role of the man and make the local Latin man into a 'househusband'.

And of course, the other problem here, is with the locals girls from here, which is, that they unfortunately always seem to seek a sugar daddy. Someone to pay the bills!!

Getting someone with good balanced qualities and personality is the key.
If I may continue colonizing this thread with my ''inimical virile discourse'': what I think is one of the problems nowadays is that many young women in the West seem to grow up seeing themselves as extremely special and unique and they are incredibly exigent, the desired boyfriend/fiance/husband must not only be A,B,C but must also possess D, E, F and excell in everything possible until Z, Y and X.

It's their right to do so, but I am not surprised many women nowadays also complain about their inability to find decent male partners. Perhaps many of us are simply insensible bastards, but particularly in my thirties I have met soooo many priggish and demanding women of the same age range that it became rather pathetic. Women that are a bit older tend to be more realistic and calm. I recognize the kind of girls who are looking for a sugar daddy, but I prefer women of my own age, and they are often more focused on their own independence.

There's an important difference between countries like Argentina/Chile or the rich parts of Brazil and impoverished places like Paraguay, Bolivia, many areas in Peru and Colombia, etc. Out there, some women are just desperately looking for a random rich gringo. I never have more dinero, plata, guita than what is necessary to eat well and dance tango, I am not like Rich One. I am on the breadline, and not in the least interesting for gold diggers.

All women are not gold diggers. Their are lot of women here who are just looking for a good man and not necessarily a rich man.
My biggest nightmare when going out on weekends here, that 50% girls I meet here are American or European girls at the night spots/clubs/parties etc. Only 50% remaining girls are Argentine or Latinas.

The older American women realize their folly's of their younger past as to how indecisive and how mean they were and tend to tone down in their behaviour in their mid 30's. But make no mistake, they are still pretty masculine at heart and in their minds.

And its not only that women from peru and Colombia are Gold diggers. Their are also lot of umemployed or ( in low paying jobs) American girls living here in the Capital, who love to find men here who can take them out for high-end meals, outings, holidays to Bariloche etc and foot all the bills. Make no mistake, on that. I have personally come across some American girls who have asked me to 'keep them' with me in my apartment or help them with a monthly allowance. Its sad, that the only the beautiful, feminine but poor Colombian girls are called "gold diggers'!

American girls are like 'macho men'. They behave and talk like men. And the worse thing is that they often comlain saying these words "men we enounter are not masculine enough!! " How can you find the man masculine if you are like a "macho man" yrself, for pete's sake!

I absolutely agree with this. I tend to find real latinas (although the high drama often gets a bit too much there) and Argentine/southern European girls much more feminine in a positive way than northern European/American girls. So, without the intention of insulting some chicas here, in a general sense I especially tend to find American women graceless, crude and somewhat too masculine.

Agree with your comments about Australia, Ill add there are many "aussie chicks" on the whole basically act like blokes with wigs. In rough night spots, they are fighting just like the guys, drinking like them. Pretty unattractive, as I am sure it is the other way around.
Its one of the reasons Argy girls are a nice change (despite the high drama) I like a lady to act like a lady (and I am not referring to a housewife, I can look after myself) and I like the fact they take pride in their appearance, dont engage in heavy drinking etc.

Wow, painting women with an awfully broad brush. There are all types of women in all those countries so maybe just be a bit careful on the sweeping statements. I know plenty of women all over the world who display all those characteristics that you state are "latina" - both positive and negative.

A woman who goes out drinking, fighting, swearing, whatever is just as immature and inappropriate as a man who does that. Neither sex is someone I would want to spend a lot of time with and/or have a relationship with - I'm guessing we can all agree to that. Public drunkeness or being "sloppy" or loud or vulgar or brutish is just unpleasant, no matter what country it occurs in and what sex is displaying that behavior.

Don't know - every time I read about how US women are x or latina women are y, it makes me a bit sad that men are still embracing these stereotypes in this day and age.

Wow, painting women with an awfully broad brush. There are all types of women in all those countries so maybe just be a bit careful on the sweeping statements. I know plenty of women all over the world who display all those characteristics that you state are "latina" - both positive and negative.

A woman who goes out drinking, fighting, swearing, whatever is just as immature and inappropriate as a man who does that. Neither sex is someone I would want to spend a lot of time with and/or have a relationship with - I'm guessing we can all agree to that. Public drunkeness or being "sloppy" or loud or vulgar or brutish is just unpleasant, no matter what country it occurs in and what sex is displaying that behavior.

Don't know - every time I read about how US women are x or latina women are y, it makes me a bit sad that men are still embracing these stereotypes in this day and age.
You cannot ignore a certain amount of generalizations in life. In fact, be it in a positive or a negative way, we humans automatically make generalizations to try to understand life. Stereotypes are nowadays often necessarily seen as something small-minded, they are equaled with another word, ''prejudice''. I am careful about making generalizations, but as I can't possibly, like in this case, have a profound conversation with every female creature on this planet, I need to base my own opinions and theories on surveyable sources, such as my general experience with X or Y. In every country there are many kinds of people, characters, their gender doesn't even matter that much. However, culture predominantly influences how people behave, even if characters among them differ greatly. We are basically stuck in traditions that go back for hundreds if not thousands of years. This is why I think that in a general sense it is definitely possible to reflect on what would be more probable behaviour among women from Colombia when compared to women from Siberia. There's no reason to be sad about ''men'' thinking in stereotypes about ''women'', I am sure you're full of them too, about men, about women, about cats, maybe even about weasels and jaguars.

Sure, to some extent but let's be honest - saying American women are X or British women are Y can't possibly be accurate. Too many variables related to geography, cultural background, socio-economic status, age, etc. I don't disagree you can say there is a propensity (for example) for men/women to drink more in the US or the UK than here. Makes sense. Sure, certain behaviors are going to be more prevalent, esp social norms of behavior. But saying women in northern europe aren't feminine or that women in the US are.. "graceless, crude and somewhat too masculine" is ludicrous to me. Unless you have talked to a decent sized sample of women from all areas of the US or the UK or any of the other countries mentioned.

It's like when someone says all argentines are X and the only place he or she has been in Buenos Aires. x doesn't equal y.

I for sure fall victim to using stereotypes. And then when I read posts like the ones I quoted, I remember why it's never a good idea.

come on! have you guys watched television in Argentina???? pretty much like watching a piece of lomo dancing on a stripper pole! who cares of the president is a woman, it is because her husband was the ex-president.
I am from Canada but from Egypt Originally, and let me tell you being blonde with blue eyes walking around Cairo can be horrendous as well as here, having to avoid construction sites, Canada is nothing like these places.
Im an old fashioned girl, definitely not a feminist, but i can attest that Argentina treats woman much differently then men.

I dont know Cairo but as a blue eyed blonde, i do know BsaS and its nothing like Holland either. Although honestly, i dont always mind that it isnt. The tv is crazy though, when i first saw the 80 year old guys openly drooling over basically naked girls dancing in thongs my mouth just dropped, and it didnt close anymore after i realised that there was nothing else on tv. Its either shouting gays, drooling old dirty guys, or strippers on poles. Mostly the latter.

Two cents from a local who lived in Europe. In my experience, Latinas are more feminine, yes. On the other side, European girls are also pretty AND they talk to you first even hit on you, which is a nice change for an Argentine man.

Citygirl I have mingled with plenty of aussie girls and argie girls (not just porteñas either) and are pretty comfortable with my views on the 3 aspects I mentioned being femininity and alcohol consumption and "drama" (jaja), as I was latching on to something a previous poster had mentioned.

On the other hand, I have Aussie mates who couldn't stand the drama and constant care for appearances. It would probably drive them insane. Each to their own, I am not implying one is better than the other.

Back