Feminist Groups?

I can't believe it - I just responded to this post and spent a good while doing so and my post diappeared! agh - I'll have to get back to it later as it is late now. But in short - what a loaded topic - educational, interesting and unnecessarily hostile. I am ashamed, as a member of this site, for the way the original poster was first responded to. I knew immediately you were a guy - and probably an american at that - but who cares? This is so unimportant - what is curious to me is has it ever occured to you that name calling gets in the way of learning? You clearly have some strong reactions to the word - but why not ask some questions instead? So much more fruitful - your thoughts may never change but at least the exchange can be somewhat intelligent and far more satisfying for all.
As for the original poster, I do not have any tips for you as I have never looked into this. However in my experience I have met intelligent women here in Argentina and have seen plenty of women overweight as well (and men). However I do not live in the typical tourist neighborhoods which is perhaps why I see more varied shaped bodies all around. As for unsatisfying conversations at parties - I personally prefer one on one conversations over coffee. Big party scenes inevitably seem to tend toward more superficial conversations, whether here or in the states, when it's a mixed crowd of acquaintances.

suejud, I admire your bravery. As you might have seen Eliza never came back to the site, she was put off I guess by the first response and hostility she got from Elpanada. And I seem to get the opposite feel from his response, that he is not American (from USA) at all. Just my feeling that is all. But thanks for taking this on.

"Grazie" said:
suejud, I admire your bravery. As you might have seen Eliza never came back to the site, she was put off I guess by the first response and hostility she got from Elpanada. And I seem to get the opposite feel from his response, that he is not American (from USA) at all. . . .
I'd agree; and, living here in southern New England,* an area overrun by recent immigrants, I've a good deal of experience with residents who speak English poorly, if at all. Elpanada's words just don't read like those of a native speaker.
*If your surname is either "Judd" or "Judson", suejud, you probably know the area well, cousin.

Back