Feminist Groups?

Correction, none of my remarks in this thread have been deleted and interpreting communications in this thread in between me and moderators of this site as a reprimand is allowing yourself to translate matters in an extreme way.Using the word provincial is something which I would very much so expect from you. And again you speak of the Argentine people as somehow being less than other people and about how you think that this site should be first and foremost for foreigners and that Argentinians should just mind their own business. That shit is really getting lame but do keep it up please, everyone should have their true colors flagged out and visible for others to see, that's only a positive thing.

Dear friends,
Do forgive this note which digresses from our very interesting discussion but I am becoming rather distracted by squeaks in the corner!
please note I wrote this earlier
You were reprimanded by the moderator earlier this week for your nasty and aggressive attacks on this thread. In fact I invite our other friends to read Elpanada's comments through this thread and as you can see she/he has been edited out by the moderator.
this was Elpanada's reply
"Correction, none of my remarks in this thread have been deleted and interpreting communications in this thread in between me and moderators of this site as a reprimand is allowing yourself to translate matters in an extreme way".
Please go to note number 8 by Elpanada on this thread
quote by IGOR
(snipped) Here Elpanada emotionally explains that this site is not for expats only.
I would also suggest to read "Site Membership" paragraph on About this site page.--igor

I will not even mention the other comments made to Elpanada on this thread, about confusing rules etc.
It seems Elpanada your grasp of the English language is creating problems for your interpretation of not only content but intention. Delete and edit dear, are two very different things. For example: editing you would be boring .Whereas deleting you would be delicious.
It seems the only person to "translate matters in an extreme way" (whatever that means) is you Elpanada.

Friends, Comrades, EXPATRIATES! I stand corrected a few words of mine were deleted not a big thing as far as I am concerned.Keep them colors flagged

"auntieapple" said:
LOL go syngirl go!. I have to agree with syngirl sorry granadaiscool, but its usually the girls from the better families that are so obsessed with their bodies and even though they attended the best schools, they really dont give a *bleep* because they know someone will look after them. They are really pushed to have a conversation on international current affairs or similar. The worst thing is that at dinner parties, (They are not very good at that I have to say, as in my husbands circle it is usually us that throw the dinner or cocktail parties) the chaps all sit together and talk bull*bleep* and the women all sit together talking children, clothes and which gym they are attending. Very much like social life in the middle east. I usually end up sitting with the men and throw in the occasional dart to piss them off, but the women exhaust me. Its also interesting that the majority of them cant wash a plate or make a decent bed, let alone have a decent debate.
I think we've been at the same dinner parties!
The frustrating thing is that there are intelligent women in this country (and high profile ones at that!), but the younger generation especially seems to be into the whole dumbing themselves down idea. This is not just happening here, it's happening all over the place. The young ones don't seem to get that most of the beautiful women in the media etc, are actually intelligent, they are not just pretty faces - being pretty but no brains only gets you so far, after that you either need to pay some really good managers, or need to use your brains to figure out how to make yourself last.
As for Elpanadas remarks, well actually I could rail against all the idiots in canada and the States as well and everywhere else, there are many, that's what I'm saying, it's a sad progression that is happening all over the place. Women seem to be reverting to the idea that they can just be a pretty face. There are men out there that obviously think it's great, because their only hope at having relationships with women is to go out with the naive ones -- the intelligent ones must see right through them.
Elpanada, feminism is not Satanism and Evil. Sorry if you were tortured by some extreme feminist at some point, it seems you still are wearing the scars!
Are you sure you're not confusing Misandry and Feminism? There is a difference, although I will admit that the line can be very blurred amongst extreme feminists (if it exists at all ;)

I am, from the perspective of this forum, a reverse-expatriate. I was born, raised, and educated in Argentina and emigrated to the US when I was 25, where I have made a life for the past 27 years. I am probably, and this is just a guess, considerably older than most people in this forum too. Believe it or not I am considering a return to Argentina in a few years, after my sons graduate from college, and that is what brought me to discover this forum, where I find myself reading some very interesting postings.
I followed the thread of this post about feminist organizations in Argentina and I see good thoughts and facts, as well as obviously irrational and "far out" comments. I would like to coment on auntieapple's post about dinner parties and how they compare to those in the US. As someone that belongs to the suburban middle class here in the US, I have had my share of dinner parties, both hosted by me and my wife (who is American), as well as hosted by others. And based on that I find her comments a little disturbing, if nothing else because they seem to imply that here in the US women in parties are NOT "really pushed to have a conversation on international current affairs", or that here in the US you never see that "the chaps all sit together and talk bull*bleep* and the women all sit together talking children, clothes and which gym they are attending".
This could nto be further from the truth. In this respect parties here are IDENTICAL, if not worse than those she refers to in Argentina. In 27 years I have yet to go to a party where men did not bundle together to talk sports and women bundled together to talk about children. In fact, political discussions, or even discussions about sensitive issues (politics, religion, family conflicts) are pretty much taboo and seldom, if ever, take place at social parties. And the average knowledge of international affairs for both men and women in the US is usually limited to the last few sound bites heard on the 6 o'clock news.
To survive at parties here as a man you have to have great command of sports statistics, and the few "acceptable" topics of conversation are the care of your lawn, how long you drive to work, how expensive gasoline is, the latest accomplishment of your kids or your latest house renovation project.
Anyway, I am sure I will get some backlash for this posting, but it is my first in this blog and I felt I had to add my 2 cents to auntieapple's derogatory description about dinner parties.

Guile
I like the comments of auntieapple and agree with her descriptions of life in Argentina.
Its funny but most argentinians who have left here 20 years ago feel that they are the only ones to understand the culture here.
We live and work here in very difficult circumstances at times . Still we have not given up on Argentina as we love her

Feminism is NOT hate, evil and opression... Feminism is strength, self esteem, love, understanding, fairness... And it has defenitely nothing to do with caring about feminity or not, or personal hygiene, or body type or whom you prefer to sleep with. Furthermore it wasn't invented in the US. Women threated badly have been joining together throughout history, all around the world, for support and understanding. In this era of political movements there was just a need to put a name on this. Sadly, some people (the ones who have the least to benefit from women becoming aware of their full possibilities, i.e the men treating bad..) take every chance to misinterpret what these women want and what they're saying. Surely, feminism is already here, and has been for a long time already.
Argentina, though, imported its macismo from Europe in the first place.
Besos para todos

Back