Fernández will extend the quarantine another two weeks?

There are many people stuck overseas who travelled in January . Yes the government has offered some rescue flights but in many countries due to very strict curfews Argentinians are stuck . There are 500 Argentinians in Guayaquil Ecuador who have lived there for years but due to the shocking situation that they are living there now want to be with family and friends . They should be denied entry into Argentina as well and allowed to die there ?

Now they want to come? Not 2 weeks ago, not a month ago, not 2 months ago, specifically now? What a joke. Own your mistakes, bunker down where you are like everyone else.

This government is incompetent and already telling lies about the real number of cases. Taking a leaf from the Chinese and Russian playbooks...

My concern is that we are not supposed to be going out walking for two hours every day. I understand the idea of the quarantine is that we go straight to the nearest shop or pharmacy and then straight home. We can take the risk of wandering for longer and disguising ourselves as shoppers (I have done that once or twice myself), but it is precisely that: a risk.

I do not disguise myself as a shopper. I actually shop for fresh food items on a daily basis in 3 different neighborhoods as I have always done. At the bakery (40 yrs in business) their output is 50% less because they have fewer customers. One person enters at a time. The clerk fills your order and another takes your money. That takes 15-20 min of waiting in line outside respecting the 2-meter distance. At the verduleria (20 yrs in business) same routine. They bring in less quantities of produce and re-stock every 2 days. At the poultry shop and the fish market the scenario is similar. At the supermarket chain I shop once per week. Seniors have the option to line up between 7-8:00am to enter first. That takes 15-20 min of waiting in line outside while respecting the 2-meter distance.

It is hard to see how those of us here who are not working in Argentina's formal employment sectors ever gain access to the formal exemption that all those business owners you describe have obtained and is what enables them to go out every day and open their shops etc.

Those shop owners that open every day need customers to stay in business.

In summary: doing what you describe (and what I too have done on occasion) is (unless I am mistaken) against the quarantine and we should be aware of that when we do it and be prepared to face the consequences.

What consequences are you talking about? Read the DNU.

I struggle to see a scenario when that risk completely disappears-- nobody in the government is going to ask themselves: now, what about all those expats who are living here but aren't here working, when do we let them obtain the approval to roam free?

EVERYONE will be allowed to roam free when the quarantine is lifted.

Last edited:
At the supermarket chain I shop once per week. Seniors have the option to line up between 7-8:00am to enter first. That takes 15-20 min of waiting in line outside while respecting the 2-meter distance.

May I ask what supermarket this is? Thank you

At the supermarket chain I shop once per week. Seniors have the option to line up between 7-8:00am to enter first. That takes 15-20 min of waiting in line outside while respecting the 2-meter distance.

May I ask what supermarket this is? Thank you
Carrefour Hiper, Carrefour Express and Coto. Where you reside In Once there is a large Coto across the street from the Abasto Shopping.

But what would happen if everybody went out for two hours every day? You are violating not only the spirit of the law but also the letter, which states that we are to go out as infrequently as humanly possible.

Last edited:
But what would happen if everybody went out for two hours every day? You are violating not only the spirit of the law but also the letter, which states that we are to go out as infrequently as humanly possible.

By what rule of measurement is "as infrequently as humanly possible"? I go out as frequently as I need to buy fresh groceries. And in the process I get fresh air and exercise. That is one reason why I do not have any medical conditions which require taking any meds. Not bad for age 70.

Last edited:
Back