Fernández will extend the quarantine another two weeks?

Sorry you haven't been able to form strong bonds with Argentinos, who will do anything to help a close friend. ANYTHING.....

In my experience if you make a friend of the heart in Argentina they will go beyond the norm to be there for you in your time of need .

There were 2 weeks of rescue flights, what exactly was everyone doing during that time? Enjoying their holiday a bit more?

Now the government should save them because they just had to go to Disneyworld a few more times rather than come home when it was being offered and advertised?

What a joke.

There are many people stuck overseas who travelled in January . Yes the government has offered some rescue flights but in many countries due to very strict curfews Argentinians are stuck . There are 500 Argentinians in Guayaquil Ecuador who have lived there for years but due to the shocking situation that they are living there now want to be with family and friends . They should be denied entry into Argentina as well and allowed to die there ?

The peak was delayed because of the quarantine. Now is expected for the end of May. So, seems quarantine is going to last until June.

The peak was delayed because of the quarantine. Now is expected for the end of May. So, seems quarantine is going to last until June.

OMG . Will the Cono Urbano survive for that Long? .

People keep talking about the peak, as it there is just one, and once it has passed, they can let us all out. I don't see that there is one peak that we just need to be patiently waiting for that, and which once it is passed, will mark the turning point. There is contagion, currently controlled somewhat by the quarantine, that will start to spike up again every time they relax the quarantine. I'm no expert, but that seems logical. I don't thing we should put too much store is the so-called coming peak, whether it is April, or May.

Hey Alby ... YOU"VE GOT THAT 100% RIGHT!

As soon as the mice are let out, the fleas are going to wreak havoc on the colony.

Argentina is scratching the surface of the problem that is about to be unleashed within the next 6 weeks.

I am seeing the potential for thousands dead and the hospital system over run.

6 April 2020
A report by the Boston Consulting Group , whose source was the John Hopkins University, which has the official figures for the coronavirus worldwide, revealed that a peak of Covid-19 infections is expected in Argentina for the fourth week of May.

The estimate is in line with what Alberto Fernandez has already publically stated in various interviews as well as the Minister of Health of the City of Buenos Aires, Fernan Quiroz. The majority of those infected who reside in the capital expect to receive the peak within a month of the pandemic.

In turn, the survey analyzes when a potential exit from the emergency and the blocking of certain activities, including the closure of borders, is calculated in all countries. In the case of ARG, experts calculated that this would happen between the fourth week of June and the fourth week of August, depending on the advance of the virus, among other factors....

Back