Fibertel residential vs. corporate line

Slueth is right on the money: gmail. Went through all the Dynamic STP BS, ancient history. Also they have network discovery, no more port fowarding dynmic ip crap. Best thing since sliced bread:Splashtop App. Sorry to take your thunder Sleuth

You could also change your modem, it will force the DHCP server at fibertal to give you a new ip address..
Or if your modem/router supports it and you can access its setup you can clone an MAC address, giving it another mac address (make one up or get one from another piece of hardware), reboot, forcing the fibertel DHCPP server to give you a new IP, then after a couple of days/weeks remove cloning and by then hopefully fibertels DHCP server has released and reused your IP address for some other poor sucker..

Usually a DHCP server will release the IP after a few days. However sometimes they can be set to 100 days, or never expire..

I really appreciate all the help. I spoke with Godaddy and we checked everything out. The outgoing SMTP server is not the issue as it is whitelisted in all the anti-spam engines. However, the dynamic IP address assigned to the Fibertel wifi modem/router is coming up in http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx as on several blacklists. My IP is 190.16.184.76

The SMTP server looks clean using www.mxtoolbox.com server check which jives with Godaddy's check.

So I guess the SMTP mail server is carrying the offending originating IP address and that is why it's being flagged as spam. As such, I assume every SMTP relay will carry the originating IP and I'll have the same problem regardless of which SMTP I use unless I change the wifi modem address by way of swapping it for a new one, upgrading my service to the new 30MB or going with a corporate plan and paying more for a fixed IP. No?

This is a header file from one of my clients emails (to my yahoo account) who uses one of my email servers.. as you can see it keeps every ip address along the mail delivery route, from her computer to the email server, so thats why your IP is in the email header, and is flagged as spam..

X-Originating-IP: [11.22.154.195]

Authentication-Results: mta1085.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=my_server.co.nz; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=my_server.co.nz; dkim=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO tui.myserver.co.nz) (11.22.154.195) by mta1085.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 14 May 2012 19:01:27 -0700

Received: from DT01 (111-222-11-41.her_isp.co.nz [111.222.11.41]) by tui.my_server.co.nz (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 7744720A79 for <[email protected]>; Tue, 15 May 2012 13:58:42 +1200 (NZST)

I think I found the solution by specifically requesting that each blacklist remove me using the "delisting request" on each of their respective sites. According to their records, some spammer was using this IP in 2007-2009 before I was assigned it. Seems I'm almost off all now.

Thanks for your help everyone. I hope this helps someone in the same predicament.

Back