Flight Prices Skyrocketed

Unfortunately traveling with kids + holidays = not looking to fly from Uruguay or SP or any of the other cheaper options. Nor are multiple stops an option.

The aerolineas prices didn't go up much but I despise Aerolineas since every time I've flown them, I've had flights canceled, delayed for hours and hours, etc. They're just not reliable.

CG,

I see some flights with still normal prices to spend the holidays ( Xmas and NYE i) in the US. If you want, give me your estimated dates and destination and I will look it up for you.

I see on Despegar 4 tix on LAN, AEP JFK AEP 89300 pesos total tax included ( paying with Argentine Mastercard 24 payments )

I was told the high air tickets was caused by the Argentina low foreign reserve. Due to the government control of the foreign currency, and reduced quota that is given to the airlines by the government, the travel/credit card/airline companies have to get their dollars from a different way (not official rate), so the ticket price is higher now.

I was told the high air tickets was caused by the Argentina low foreign reserve. Due to the government control of the foreign currency, and reduced quota that is given to the airlines by the government, the travel/credit card/airline companies have to get their dollars from a different way (not official rate), so the ticket price is higher now.

Very true...

http://www.infobae.c...ron-los-precios

Also, some companies and their own travel agencies arranged to accommodate the prices to the values resulting from an alternative way of earning foreign exchange, such as the contado con liqui dollar, which records a gap with the official dollar over 40%, and over 20% to the applicable to purchases for dollar ahorro and 35% for CC spending abroad dollars, to discourage speculative buying of dollars based on expectations of devaluation in the course of 2016.

Back