Flights Out

Strangely enough United has those flights available on miles 30-60k to US in July + ~100 dollars in taxes. Those flights may not happen obviously but might be a good idea to book now if you need to travel.

While officially flights are gounded until Sept, negotiations wth ANAC are "ongoing" to possibly restart them in July, according to a couple of trade journals. It's possible that some concessions were agreed upon but have not been made public yet.

Interestingly, Chile has resumed international flghts, and from the third week of June there will be almost daily service to the US, as well as many domestic flights. This is inspite of Chile having around 108,000 cases, while Argentina has close to 18,000.

I have a feeling Argentina is going to stretch the border control till the very end and possibly be amongst the last 5~10 countries out of total 212 countries in the world to open up its borders. This could mean, end of the year or beyond. Why they would do this? officially, to "bend the curve". Unofficially - well.......

I'm flying out finally tomorrow back to Madrid, could get into a flight , it wasn't easy: my recommedation if you want to leave , subscribe to your embassy's twitter/fb account if those are available and also find out if there are whatsapp groups of people wanting to return to your country, these are normally the channels where flights are announced as they are released and you might be able to get a ticket before they sell out . I'm sad to leave a country I didn't even get to know after 3 months , I would stay if there were a light at the end of the tunnel but there isn't :(

I'm flying out finally tomorrow back to Madrid, could get into a flight , it wasn't easy: my recommedation if you want to leave , subscribe to your embassy's twitter/fb account if those are available and also find out if there are whatsapp groups of people wanting to return to your country, these are normally the channels where flights are announced as they are released and you might be able to get a ticket before they sell out . I'm sad to leave a country I didn't even get to know after 3 months , I would stay if there were a light at the end of the tunnel but there isn't :(

If possible, please write us a brief commentary about your travel to airport, airport check in , flight boarding procedures, in flight experience and arriving at your country experience..

LATAM
  • Santiago Miami $292
  • Santiago NYC $317
  • Santiago LAX $327

Travel : Aug. Thru. Dec. 2020
Limited offer 400 seats

Last edited:
Email from the Italian Consulate below. It looks like the flights they mention to Madrid are no longer available. I think I remember them being mentioned on this forum already.

Gentile connazionale,

con riguardo ai voli previsti nel mese di giugno, segnaliamo:

16 giugno

Aerolineas Argentinas

Buenos Aires-Roma

(procedura di autorizzazione ancora in corso)

25 giugno

Alitalia

Buenos Aires-Roma

(procedura di autorizzazione ancora in corso)

27 giugno

Aerolineas Argentinas

Buenos Aires-Madrid

In vendita sul sito internet della compagnia

30 giugno

Aerolineas Argentinas

Buenos Aires-Madrid

In vendita sul sito internet della compagnia

Vi sarà altresì un volo su Amsterdam con KLM, previsto per il 13 giugno, che verrà commercializzato direttamente dalla compagnia aerea nei prossimi giorni.

Riguardo ai voli su Roma, priorità verrà conferita alle urgenze mediche e a coloro i quali si erano iscritti sul portale di segnalazione del Consolato Generale nei mesi di marzo e aprile e che sono rimasti ancora in Argentina.

I got an email this morning from the US Embassy regarding a flight to Sao Paulo next Wednesday June 10 from EZE. By way of Aerolineas Argentinas. You can get connecting flights to the USA and Europe from there.

Strangely, I'm flying back on united airlines next week. UA from Houston to Sao Paolo the. AR from there to Eze.

The coach class is only 720 dollars for the flight. To bad it's not normally that price...

Strangely, I'm flying back on united airlines next week. UA from Houston to Sao Paolo the. AR from there to Eze.

The coach class is only 720 dollars for the flight. To bad it's not normally that price...
Is it all on the same ticket? I nearly got deported from Brazil because you are not allowed to pickup your bag and check-in again.

I got an email this morning from the US Embassy regarding a flight to Sao Paulo next Wednesday June 10 from EZE. By way of Aerolineas Argentinas. You can get connecting flights to the USA and Europe from there.
Hopefully Aerolineas are allowing passengers to check their bags all the way through even if the tickets are seperate..

Back