Flights Out

I got an email this morning from the US Embassy regarding a flight to Sao Paulo next Wednesday June 10 from EZE. By way of Aerolineas Argentinas. You can get connecting flights to the USA and Europe from there.
Make sure you arrive and depart at the same airport in Brazil. Almost made the mistake MIA- GRU -VCP -IGU

Is it all on the same ticket? I nearly got deported from Brazil because you are not allowed to pickup your bag and check-in again.
Not sure. The crappy thing is that the flight to Brazil is on the 9th and the flight to BA is on the 10th I have to spend a whole day in the airport. I hope they let me get my stuff.

Hopefully Aerolineas are allowing passengers to check their bags all the way through even if the tickets are seperate..
That is a valid and important consideration. Confirm this in advance, as you might not be allowed to clear immigration in GRU to collect your bags and re-check them otherwise. Usually airlines are only allowed to do this if it is part of the same ticket (it is to do with liability incase something happens to the bag and which airline is liable.)

That is a valid and important consideration. Confirm this in advance, as you might not be allowed to clear immigration in GRU to collect your bags and re-check them otherwise. Usually airlines are only allowed to do this if it is part of the same ticket (it is to do with liability incase something happens to the bag and which airline is liable.)
I have not checked in but saw others checking in their luggage. Another potential problem noticed: passengers with US passports were turned away. Only mercosur nationals and residents. Flew from FLL to VCP then took local flight to IGU.

I have not checked in but saw others checking in their luggage. Another potential problem noticed: passengers with US passports were turned away. Only mercosur nationals and residents. Flew from FLL to VCP then took local flight to IGU.
For sure, Argentina and Brazil are both off-limits for non-resident foreigners at the moment.
Is the border crossing at IGU open again? Or a repatriation has been coordinated?

For sure, Argentina and Brazil are both off-limits for non-resident foreigners at the moment.
Is the border crossing at IGU open again? Or a repatriation has been coordinated?
I crossed to Ciudad del Este with py cedula and it is open. Avoiding 2 weeks quarantine in military barracks is another matter. Haven't tried to enter Argentina but check abccolor Paraguay for reports about processing of returning Argentinians at their embassy in Asuncion.

From my experience it is very clear that the ONLY ones who can enter Brazil (eg pickup bag or re-check in) are Brazilian residents and Nationals. I know at least 1 Argentine girl who was sent back to Germany for trying to enter Brazil (her flight from GRU-EZE got cancelled and she was NOT allowed to enter and wait in Sao Paulo).

So for this reason make sure 100% your bags are checked all the way through to final destination and there is no requirement to enter Brazil to collect bags and re-check in.

I had to beg the Lufthansa check-in agent to try get my bag tagged all the way to Buenos Aires (different tickets and the last flight from GRU-EZE was LATAM and they have no agreement). He managed to do it for me thankfully however I was nearly refused boarding multiple times along the way and then nearly sent back to Europe once I landed in Brazil. Complete nightmare.

Back