Flights Out

Just a different perspective I'm in Houston waiting to board to return to AR. No issues with anything here except for the consulate sent an email to arrive by 2:30 ( 5 hour before the flight) to go through medical screening. I get there on time and of course no one is there.

So, I was finally able to leave the country on last Thursday, took a cabify (taxi app) to the airport and carried a printed version of my ticket, the printed letter from the ambassador and passport in hand We zipped through the city quickly , we weren't stopped at all by police (as they say it would happen) and it arrived at Ezeiza Int'l airport 7 hours before departure (I really didn't want to miss it) , the airport had a weird atmosphere, all the shops and restaurants were shut, except McDonalds who was serving meals/coffee, most of the screens weren't announcing departures (only two commercial flights were leaving that evening) , so you kinda have to ask around for info. In "Migraciones" / customs they make you sign a document that you won't come back during the pandemic , I eyerolled a little ... when I arrived in Spain 12hours later I immediatly could feel a more relaxed vibes / less restrictions , hoping to come back to Argentina, when things are better.
WTF does that mean - are they talking about WHO classification. Surely they can't legally stop you from returning to your country if flights are available and you are a citizen/permanent resident?

No issues with anything here except for the consulate sent an email to arrive by 2:30 ( 5 hour before the flight) to go through medical screening. I get there on time and of course no one is there.
How strange. Usually the Argentinians are so on time and reliable.

WTF does that mean - are they talking about WHO classification. Surely they can't legally stop you from returning to your country if flights are available and you are a citizen/permanent resident?
I suspect this is a measure meant for Argentinian nationals who are residents in other countries so that they don't come back during the pandemic after visiting their country of residence .... I myself am Spanish, came here in early March with hopes of living here and visiting the country, thinking this nightmare would pass after 1month or 2... but it didn't get any better, I had to leave in the end.

I went back to the gate 2 hours later and they were there. I walked up and they looked at me like a alien (gringo) started asking me questions in Spanish to which I replied in Spanish. Both people from the airline and Including the folks from the consulate all in good spirits. They asked if I had all the forms I needed and I pulled out my book of forms and told them I know you guys love papers so I'm not sure. They had a good laugh and gave me some shit back about the paperwork required for a US immigration visa. Anyways, a quick temp check and form verification and I was on my way.

10 June 2020
Foreign airlines already announce the return of flights to Argentina: what are the destinations and the new prices
The sale of tickets was never interrupted, but in the last hours the companies began to schedule routes for September. Images of cities in Europe without quarantine encouraged demand....

I made it to Sao Paolo without incident and am waiting at GRU to fly to EZE at 1pm.

I also saw a new story in la nacion stating that alberto was going to take the whole country back to phase 1. Amy truth to this?

I made it to Sao Paolo without incident and am waiting at GRU to fly to EZE at 1pm.

I also saw a new story in la nacion stating that alberto was going to take the whole country back to phase 1. Amy truth to this?
Not that I know - where I live things are opening up. People have had enough, half the people here don't even bother with masks etc. No chance this country could survive another 3-4 months of lockdowns - the people are already losing it.

In La Plata we have been strongly enforcing the quarantine and other health measures but we are losing the battle and likely to have stricter rules placed on us.

We are still under a heavy lockdown, some people are walkiing with masks but almost everything is closed. We still need permission to go anywhere and there are roadblocks to keep outsiders from enterring,

Yet the number of new infections increases every day. In the last couple of weeks its gone steadily from 1-2 per day up to 20 per day yesterday, many in our favelas.

Back