Flights Out

Delta is starting to offer ns flights to Atlanta, assuming the one this weekend is not just a one off. This one is slightly cheaper, about $999 for economy, than the Eastern charter/repatriation flights that seem to be anywhere between $1200 and 1700 to Miami.

Does anyone know that happens when you take a flight after your tourist visa has expired, since there currently seems to be no way to pay the fine upon exit?

Aerolineas just offered two direct flights from EZE to Madrid. Both sold out in record time.

Delta is starting to offer ns flights to Atlanta, assuming the one this weekend is not just a one off. This one is slightly cheaper, about $999 for economy, than the Eastern charter/repatriation flights that seem to be anywhere between $1200 and 1700 to Miami.

Does anyone know that happens when you take a flight after your tourist visa has expired, since there currently seems to be no way to pay the fine upon exit?
The Delta flight is a "one off" in that it is one of the many flights orchestrated with the involvement of the embassy.

I am not sure of the process for the fine - maybe you can do it at the airport, if not you would probably need to settle it before you ever can be admitted to Argentina again in future. You would not be held captive trying to depart, especially during these times where your departure could have been hampered by the lockdown and lack of flights etc.

It's likely that there will be problems at some of the destinations and travellers will be expecting to get refunds or exchanges. Depending on the ticket this may not be easy or even possible.
So be sure to read the terms of the reservation.

LATAM has begun flights into Santiago, about one every two weeks so far. The next one is this Friday. The catch is that you can't leave the airport, and there are no onward flights to MIA or LAX until the next day. However, the McDonalds in the newer terminal at SCL has some nice booths that could work for a nap.

I am not sure of the process for the fine - maybe you can do it at the airport, if not you would probably need to settle it before you ever can be admitted to Argentina again in future. You would not be held captive trying to depart, especially during these times where your departure could have been hampered by the lockdown and lack of flights etc.

If you visa stamp expired during the quarantine you are okay. As a matter of fact all visa stamps and residencies that were due to expire between 18 March and 14 June have been extended by 30 days. You wont be stopped or asked to pay any fine.

If you overstayed BEFORE the quarantine I guess you'd have to pay a fine. That fine can be paid online once you have left the ARG territory before you come back. Otherwise - before you leave - you can pay it at the airport if the office is open.

Latam has a flight to Santiago on Friday.

has anyone seen reports locally about AA and United resuming flights here? I keep reading articles from the US about United and AA announcing their plans for resuming international flights here in July/August. But I haven't seen anything here about that and it makes me wondering if thats just wishful thinking and they will run into problems with the local government when they try to resume. Does anyone else have some info about that?

has anyone seen reports locally about AA and United resuming flights here? I keep reading articles from the US about United and AA announcing their plans for resuming international flights here in July/August. But I haven't seen anything here about that and it makes me wondering if thats just wishful thinking and they will run into problems with the local government when they try to resume. Does anyone else have some info about that?
I don't know about "regular" flights. United made telephone contact last week with US and Canadians stranded in ARG to re-schedule their much postponed flight(s) to transport them home. They were told that UA has petitioned the ARG gov't to allow their planes to begin landing in EZE in an effort to repatriate ARG citizens/residents who were left stranded overseas and return US and Canadian residents/citizens to their cities of origin.
Seats are only being made available to those who bought their R/T tickets before the closing of the EZE airport.

Back