Food Craving?

jeff1234

Registered
I'm not a food person. If I'm eating a good meal I enjoy it, otherwise I never think about foods, dont like cooking or shopping.
But lately I keep dreaming of a BLT or Tex-Mex tacos or American BBQ and American Chinese food.
Does anyone know if these cravings pass after awhile? Do they get worse?
Is there any treatment (aside from the obvious)?

• Bacon: [email protected] 15.3026.1059 - Get it delivered
  • Tex-Mex tacos: Fabrico del Taco?
  • American BBQ: http://goargentina.about.com/b/2012/10/23/el-tejano-texas-sized-bbq-in-buenos-aires.htm
  • American Chinese food: I used to think this was impossible here, bit some of the Barrio Chino restaurants are really good. Favorites: Palitos and Korean BBQ.

Jeff,
These cravings don't go away. They get worse, believe me.
This is a medium to long term condition.
Next..................................

I second Korean BBQ--best meal I´ve had in BsAs (not cheap, but they stuff you full!)
now there are tons of places offering tex mex and US style food, check out the blog pick up the fork.
there are also some great pop up restuarants and closed door restaurants.
Personally, I don´t go to these places much--my food cravings are bagels (yes you can get them here, but they seem expensive to me), spicy Indian and Thai food, ethiopian and fresh seafood. More than lack of availablity its the price that gets me down.
Barrio Chino and a supermarket at Rivadavia 2000 have a lot of hot sauces and ingedients for cooking at home.
The other solution is google the instructions and cook it up yourself, or as close as you can get.

My cravings for Dr. Pepper have only gotten worse over time. If I actually saw some in the supermarket I'd look like a 13-year old girl at a One Direction concert.

My cravings for Dr. Pepper have only gotten worse over time. If I actually saw some in the supermarket I'd look like a 13-year old girl at a One Direction concert.

Youre v au fait with pop culture for 13 yr olds???!!! B)

Seriously? real bacon and tacos?

The tacos are pretty good at La Fabrica. The best in the city that I've had.

Here's a solution to your Dr Pepper needs... http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/dr-pepper-rootbeer-sugarfree-red-bull-argentina
You'll need to plan it a bit with someone going to the States, but it works well!

The first year I was in BA I lost 10 kilo, partially because I just found the food boring and because of the lack of variety in ethic choices. But BA is not really difficult for the Westerner by comparison to say Laos. Go to Laos, spend a couple of weeks and you will experience real food cravings: cheese, chocolate and wine....

The tacos are pretty good at La Fabrica. The best in the city that I've had.

Yeah, those are good. The place is run by Mexicans, and they even have hot sauce that goes fairly well - and one labeled "Argentino" for those who don't really want any heat. At least they did the last time I was there, some time ago.

CBC (California Burrito Company) is nearby there as well. Now the CBCs are springing up all over the place. They just opened up one about 5 blocks from where I live, at the corner of Marcelo T de Alvear and Peligrini. They do pretty good burritos, with real flavor. I met the owner at the location on Marcelo T a couple of nights ago. Nice guy, from California (I suppose, but forgot to ask). It's a new location and he's training the help in how to make burritos and tacos. He had a couple of levels of hot sauce. I had a spicy pork (not hot, but tasty) meat with beans, rice, pico de gallo, real sour cream (they make it themselves), bell pepers, etc. It satisfied my craving for some Tex-Mex.

Back