Foods that could be produced here?

Lucas said:
Would you marry me?....please.
smiley-love005.gif

Sorry but I'm already taken. You would have liked tonight though, we had eggplant rolatini (stuffed with spinach and ricotta) and tiramisu for dessert!

Love the Middle Eastern suggestion. I would love to see something like the prepared-foods section of Whole Foods, selling healthy "grab and go" items like hummus/veggie sandwiches and wraps, grain and bean salads, knish, Asian dumplings, vegetable sushi.

Also, cheese? Yes, please.

Glögg extract - every argentino who has tasted glögg made by my recipe has been talking about it for months afterwards with a puppy-eyed look, begging for more. To be sold i 1/4 liter bottles, which is what you need for 1 bottle of wine.

Napoleon said:
I would put Patagonia's WEISS beer against any hefeweissen because I like the citrus flavor brewed in. It's much better than Blue Moon, Sam Adams Hefeweissen, Shiner Hefeweissen, Widmar Bros...

And YES, Patagonia is made by Quilmes.
You can actually buy Paulaner Weissbier in Mendoza, brewed by Müncheners in a German village near Córdoba.

I’d personally like to see Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Quality Chocalate Baking powder(their chocolate is not that good. I don’t think they’ve had good chocolate, to know what they’re missing), sour cream, Quality Peanut Butter, Quality Hot dogs and cake w/butter cream frosting. But I don’t think those things would sell, because they don’t know what they’re missing and the COST.
What I think would sell is a good tasting “light” beer. Light, I mean calorie wize. If you could keep the cost down to 5 to 7 pesos a returnable 1 litre bottle(U$S 1.25 to U$S 1.75), I’d think it might really sell. I know I’d buy it and it’s still more expensive than beer in the U.S.

scotttswan said:
you come here talking about your bacon and sausages yet you don't tell us where we can get them!

shocking behaviour!

get a website up with order/delivery details now!

as for products..... Local made "kettle" crisps (chips for you yanks out there) in Salt n Vinegar flavour. Every local who has tried the ones i brought back from Uruguay liked them.

Grape juice / Raspberry juice should be available here considering these fruits are grown here.

"traditional" soft drinks such as dandelion and burdock, ginger beer etc could all be interesting. After all they're mostly sugar water.

The guy that organises the Bacon logistics is called Lucas - [email protected] - they also provide an excellent wine list! Bacon is 45 pesos a pound (between 18 an 22 slices)...I look forward to knowing if you like it...and NO, I have no economic interest in the business, though I do have an interest in good bacon!!! Tell him Miles sent you! I might get a free pack if enough of you actually put your hands in your pockets, jajaja

Send them over son, and you will get your share of free bacon...;)

Bagels! It is so hard to find good bagels here in Buenos Aires. The only real shop I've found requires you to order the day before. I want bagels NOW! :p

A great idea imho :

Not long ago, this was discovered and it relates to Beer & Patagonia.
http://www.livescience.com/15687-missing-lager-beer-yeast.html

Surf on that info, produce a beer in Patagonia using the yeast (I understand it needs to be mixed with others), hire the best brewers (whether Belgian, British or whatever) and sell it expensively.
Market it (Where the Lager was born, blablabla), develop the business, sell it a fortune once it reaches a certain level, offer me a ferrari :p

Seriously, that's something that could work.

Back