Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

I contacted MasterCard and their standard rate is 2.5% for purchases made abroad.

When asking about ARS, they redirected me to their currency exchange link on this thread, which still shows the official rate as of now.

Looks like the central bank is also full of shit.

Last edited:
I contacted MasterCard and their standard rate is 2.5% for purchases made abroad.

When asking about ARS, they redirected me to their currency exchange link on this thread, which still shows the official rate as of now.

Looks like the central bank is also full of shit.

Can someone figure out the Actual Xchange rate with foreign CC purchases, including all fees such as overseas fees from your USA bank..?

i have been testing this out for the last couple of weeks on small purchases with my UK Mastercard which has no additional charges. As of yesterday I am still getting 165 pesos to the dollar.....

I’m being the guineapig of the week. Just made a small purchase with my UK mastercard. As expected, still official rate. My theory is that authorisation will always be like that but the settlement (usually occurs between a few hours to few days from purchase) may be on a better rate. Waiting.

I’m being the guineapig of the week. Just made a small purchase with my UK mastercard. As expected, still official rate. My theory is that authorisation will always be like that but the settlement (usually occurs between a few hours to few days from purchase) may be on a better rate. Waiting.
I made a purchase using Visa on Saturday PM. It was at the official rate. No improved settlement as yet

I made a purchase using Visa on Saturday PM. It was at the official rate. No improved settlement as yet
Does your bank show unsettled transactions in any different way to settler? My one says “pending” before settlement and if amount changes on settlement it also lets me know.

Also Visa - they’re not on yet.

Back