Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

¿Qué pasa con los argentinos que tienen tarjetas emitidas en el exterior?
Si pagan con tarjetas del exterior, tienen el mismo beneficio.

¿Qué pasa con los argentinos con doble nacionalidad?
Si pagan con una tarjeta del exterior, adquieren el mismo beneficio.

Hopefully this doesn't founder just out of the gate. It could be a very welcome change.

MEP is $292.05 as I type this and WU is $305.50 with a $25 fee for a $500 transfer making it an effective exchange rate of $290.22 (even higher when paying w/credit). Assuming you have a credit/debit card the doesn't charge forex fees you're better off to pay with your card in person here, but don't expect online to begin accepting cards anytime soon.

Implementing this would take several months. I don't see this happening before 2023 if ever.

Implementing this would take several months. I don't see this happening before 2023 if ever.
Would you accept Friday?

"The central idea of this regulation is that non-resident tourists who visit the country can use electronic means of payment for greater security and convenience. The rule will come into force on Friday 4".

Just read it allegedly enters into fore on Friday, Nov 4. Hmm let's see. It would beg to differ.

Would you accept Friday?

"The central idea of this regulation is that non-resident tourists who visit the country can use electronic means of payment for greater security and convenience. The rule will come into force on Friday 4".
Jaja, sure. But then again, the dolar Qatar has been the law of the land for several weeks and banks still have issues charging the "right" amount. This new exchange rate would be even more difficult to implemente as it would require both VISA/MC/AMEX and the int'l banks to coordinate the "new" exchange rate. What would the reference value be?

P.S. Don't get me wrong I hope it's implemented soon, I would love to be able to use my Chase Sapphire Reserve down here.

Back