Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Hi all, I will be heading to Argentina soon in vacation, coming from Spain. Thinking about my holiday money strategy, I will come armed with my MC, Visa and AMEX just in case. Ideally I would like to do a small test transaction before I arrive, perhaps buying something online with my EU Visa and MC to see how it processes: any tips on what I should buy online as a test? I can’t really order anything for delivery as I’ve got nowhere to send it to… even a charity donation would work if any exist! Thanks all
AMEX doesn't work to get the Blue rate, (sort of )VISA is the Best , MC 2nd. best. Bring Euros cash large bills or US dollars if suitable. Buy a ticket to Teatro Colon? Can't buy ML without DNI

Last edited:
Hi all, I will be heading to Argentina soon in vacation, coming from Spain. Thinking about my holiday money strategy, I will come armed with my MC, Visa and AMEX just in case. Ideally I would like to do a small test transaction before I arrive, perhaps buying something online with my EU Visa and MC to see how it processes: any tips on what I should buy online as a test? I can’t really order anything for delivery as I’ve got nowhere to send it to… even a charity donation would work if any exist! Thanks all
Charity donation is a great idea, but I don’t know of any online websites for money donations. Inflation is very high here and people are distrusting, so I guess that’s why it’s not the common. People tend to donate clothes, food etc. But I might be wrong.

The delivery app Rappi has a monthly plan that gives you free delivery and it costs maybe $500-$700 ARS, so no more than €2. You could sign up to that, then use the app here to buy things or order food. I use it to order things from supermarkets and avoid queues, which are often very long.

AMEX doesn’t work yet with the new rate, so don’t use that. Visa is best, then MC.

Charity donation is a great idea, but I don’t know of any online websites for money donations. Inflation is very high here and people are distrusting, so I guess that’s why it’s not the common. People tend to donate clothes, food etc. But I might be wrong.

The delivery app Rappi has a monthly plan that gives you free delivery and it costs maybe $500-$700 ARS, so no more than €2. You could sign up to that, then use the app here to buy things or order food. I use it to order things from supermarkets and avoid queues, which are often very long.

AMEX doesn’t work yet with the new rate, so don’t use that. Visa is best, then MC.
I found a charity website that accepted donations by card so I have made 2 not so generous donations to 2 different charities, one with Visa the other with MC to see how it is processed by my bank here in Spain. I will report back in a few days!

Thanks for the suggestion. Rappi offers a 30 day free trial and only charges you after the 30 days, I needed something quicker :)

Hey, anyone know where I can see what the current MEP rate is? No problem findinig either blue or official, but want to see a precise MEP value.

Hey, anyone know where I can see what the current MEP rate is? No problem findinig either blue or official, but want to see a precise MEP value.
Dolarhoy.com and it’s the “dolar bolsa”. Visa and MC are about 7-10% less than this.

Back