Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Quick question does anyone know if I buy a ticket from aerolíneas argentina that they will charge me in ars on a foreign card? Thanks
I did it on a mastercard. It's done in ARS. Got charged the official rate and was eventually refunded part of it.

Has anybody checked if this is finally working? I read that so far (Jan 2/23) Mastercard has implemented it? Is it true

Has anybody checked if this is finally working? I read that so far (Jan 2/23) Mastercard has implemented it? Is it true
It works for Visa, haven't tried MC myself yet but others report it's working. Only Amex seems to not work yet

I went to the COTO supermarket yesterday with my (US) American Express card. I spent about $3.600 pesos in groceries.
When I got home I checked my AmexCard expenses and it came to around $20.00. So I was billed at the official rate of $180.00.
I won’t be doing that again. They didn’t ask for any ID.
same happened to me a few days ago w my MC, official rate!!! 😭

I just bought something online with my Visa card issued in the USA. 7,000 peso charge and $22.59 US was charged to my credit card making it an exchange rate of 309.87 to $1 US. Great! This is really fantastic. Not as good as the blue rate but still great for the hassle free factor of using a credit card and not having to deal with cash.

Last edited:
My wife just bought something online with a visa and they charged me the full rate hopefully get it back!

Hi all, I will be heading to Argentina soon in vacation, coming from Spain. Thinking about my holiday money strategy, I will come armed with my MC, Visa and AMEX just in case. Ideally I would like to do a small test transaction before I arrive, perhaps buying something online with my EU Visa and MC to see how it processes: any tips on what I should buy online as a test? I can’t really order anything for delivery as I’ve got nowhere to send it to… even a charity donation would work if any exist! Thanks all

Back