Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Looks like my Halifax Clarity Mastercard (it's a UK credit card) is still just charging at official rate and not then refunding the difference to get back to MEP.

Is there anyone who's still finding they aren't getting MEP rate (or close) on their non-Argentinian cards?

Looks like my Halifax Clarity Mastercard (it's a UK credit card) is still just charging at official rate and not then refunding the difference to get back to MEP.

Is there anyone who's still finding they aren't getting MEP rate (or close) on their non-Argentinian cards?
MC cards charge you the official rate and a rebate posts to your account a few days later when the transaction clears.

333 when I look. Less the 2% bank fee.
Hmm. Strange. When I look just now it's showing 189: $1 US. But so far all week I've been getting around 330 or so to $1 US charging at restaurants and on my Uber. Strange about showing a different rate on my browser.

I’ve got a bunch of charges from last night pending with the official rate whereas before they posted directly with the 300+ rate. US Visa card.

Uh oh. I got the government rate on a small purchase at Disco with my USA Visa. About an hour ago.

No be careful. Something weird is going on. I just charged a bunch of stuff for my apartment renovation at Blaisten and I only got the official rate! Now I have to see if I can go back and swap out and pay for cash instead of the credit card. When I look up on that website it's only showing the official rate so something changed in the last day or 2.

I should have listened to my intuition that something changed in the last day as it was showing the government rate last night and this morning on that website.

Also, for a further frame of reference, when I came in town last week I had my connected Visa card from the USA and no problem at all with the automatic payments but now it's not letting me take Uber rides and saying I have to pay cash instead so something definitely changed in the last 24 hours.

Back