Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

I got 833 on a small visa credit card transaction sunday 10/22. Very poor considering the blue rate closed at 1150/1200 on Friday. I will continue to exchange cash.

I got 833 on a small visa credit card transaction sunday 10/22. Very poor considering the blue rate closed at 1150/1200 on Friday. I will continue to exchange cash.
Best to use the Visa calculator to know before you shop. That is what the Visa rate was fixed at since Saturday, Sometimes it is closer to the other rates. The rate is set at midnight, and will not change all day/weekend. So you know how to plan your day.

You are comparing to the highest rate you would have received on Friday. If you were out of money on sunday you would have received less than 900 for your 100 usd. Today you can probably get closer to 950.

You are comparing to the highest rate you would have received on Friday. If you were out of money on sunday you would have received less than 900 for your 100 usd. Today you can probably get closer to 950.
carride my bad. I had entered USD > ARS instead of ARS > USD
gorsso I did another transaction today and received 833.
They adjust the MEP rate immediately when it goes against you, but they wait a few days or longer when it works in your favor.. So cash is still your friend.

Whoa, right now it's @ 789.04 pesos!
It is 789.04 when you looked today, because you left the bank fee at the default 2%. People who travel international should be sure to have a 0% bank fee card. So the rate is really 804.8 ARS today.

Back