Foreigners Cannot Buy Travel In Pesos??

What if a local friend buys the tickets?

Then the local friend would pay in dollars since, like I mentioned before, passports/DNI of those for whom the tickets are being purchases will need to be shown.

For the hotels though, Argentines can make bookings under their names, on behalf of foreign friends/non resident relatives. Much easier to beat this with hotels.

Airline tickets need the information, so not so easy to beat this there.

EDIT:

This is all theoretical. I don't work for AFIP nor Banco Central. This is all conjecture on my part.

Then the local friend would pay in dollars since, like I mentioned before, passports/DNI of those for whom the tickets are being purchases will need to be shown.

For the hotels though, Argentines can make bookings under their names, on behalf of foreign friends/non resident relatives. Much easier to beat this with hotels.

Airline tickets need the information, so not so easy to beat this there.

And what would happen if an Argentine buys a ticket under his name, pays, shows DNI, and then sell or transfers the ticket to a third party?

You have to transfer tickets via airlines and/or agencies, last time I checked. I may be wrong about that.

EDIT:

In fact, most airline tickets are now non transferable. Again, I am not sure how things might be in Argentina in that respect.

What if my wonderful Argentine wife wants to buy my three sisters a ticket to come and spend Xmas with us?

pesos , dollars ,pounds , Scottish bank notes?

As a non resident I already pay more for tourist stuff. For example entering the Cataratas park thingy to see the waterfalls.

Ill pay that discriminatory price, no problems, because it makes local travel for Argentines more affordable, which is fair enough. Their house their rules. But now I have to pay that in USD / Euro / Sterling / AUD? We're in Argentina and the local currency is pesos.

I know the article says 'travel agencies' and 'care services' - but this is a subjective term for me and could mean a multitude of places.

To be fair its still "their house, their rules". As a tourist, or permatourist, you have no rights to challenge internal policy. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Unless you get Argentines complaining on tourists' behalf (not gonna happen), I don't see anyone caring too much about whose feelings or finances are hurt this way.

Argentine savings are reduced in value every year by some 30% and no one gives a crap about that, people are going to care even less for some tourists to be losing money on travel packages and hotel packages they buy.

It won't be a subjective term, it will defined somewhere in AFIP. That isn't how tax works in this country, the usually have a bulletin or formulario with a list of definitions. Am still looking for the official document announcing this..

EDIT..frenchie posted it! Reading now.

Back