Foreigners may be forced to pay for free health care while in the country.

Not sure what you consider a credible source. I consider most media sources to be lacking in credibility. I think Trump has stated quite clearly how he feels about people from Mexico and other countries entering the US. I have friends that entered the US in a trunk of a car and eventually became citizens. I think Argentina can be proud of it's open border policies that provide opportunities like education and medical services to people trying to improve their lives.

The general topic of this thread is about foreigners who do not possess a DNI and who enter ARG temporarily to obtain free medical services.

The Bolivian woman being interviewed by the Clarin reporter states that she earns an income working at a fair in Villazon, Bolivia. I assume that is also the town where she resides permanently. Villazon is 15 minutes away from La Quiaca, Jujuy.

2 March 2018
The Story of the Woman Who Crossed Three Times From Bolivia to La Quiaca to Have Her Children

https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/his...s-bolivia-quiaca-tener-hijos_0_SyE7Kkw_z.html

.......One of them is the case of Ana Cheuque, a Bolivian woman who attends a toy stall at the fair in Villazón, famous for its low prices. Sitting surrounded by colorful backpacks and autochthuses, she said she has three children, all three born in La Quiaca: "When I got pregnant for the first time I knew I was going to have them in Argentina. My friends had gone and they recommended it to me. They were right. They treated me very well.
With the good experience, Ana repeated the action twice more: "My other two sons were born there too. The attention is better and also I did not spend a peso. With each pregnancy I was hospitalized three days after giving birth and they did not charge me a penny.....

Not sure what you consider a credible source. I consider most media sources to be lacking in credibility. I think Trump has stated quite clearly how he feels about people from Mexico and other countries entering the US. I have friends that entered the US in a trunk of a car and eventually became citizens. I think Argentina can be proud of it's open border policies that provide opportunities like education and medical services to people trying to improve their lives.
I am not proud of illegal aliens who enter the country with the sole purpose of leeching the system. An illegal immigrant is a different story, because even without residency they still contribute with taxes such as VAT, etc. Another different situation is a tourist that has an accident while in the country. But the person that deliberately enters the country to exploit the system does not have my sympathy, unless he is a refugee.

All foreign legal residents of Argentina should get same Health Care as citizens.

Illegal Aliens WHO knows perhaps in emergencies..?

All foreign legal residents of Argentina should get same Health Care as citizens.

Illegal Aliens WHO knows perhaps in emergencies..?
I don{t even go as far as that. If you are here illegally, but effectively living here, working, en negro or whatever, it would be against the Nations Constitution to deny access to Health Services. But if you enter the country, ie cross the border to get health services, and then go back to your country, where you live, etc that is plain stealing.

I don{t even go as far as that. If you are here illegally, but effectively living here, working, en negro or whatever, it would be against the Nations Constitution to deny access to Health Services. But if you enter the country, ie cross the border to get health services, and then go back to your country, where you live, etc that is plain stealing.

So to enforce it requires proof of actual residence in the Country? how many months ? if you enter from Paraguay today and need and appendectomy would you qualify?
'

Rich One - So to enforce it requires proof of actual residence in the Country? Yes, the proposed law will require the patient to have an ARG DNI.

If you enter from Paraguay today and need and appendectomy would you qualify?
If it's an emergency surgical procedure, such as an appendectomy could be and the Paraguayan (or Brazilian, Bolivian, Uruguayan)
patient happens to find himself in ARG territory, such service will not be denied.

'

So to enforce it requires proof of actual residence in the Country? how many months ? if you enter from Paraguay today and need and appendectomy would you qualify?
'
An appendectomy is an emergency... that can happen to anybody anywhere and it requires urgent attention wherever you are. I am talking about scheduled surgeries, chemo, child birth, etc

Google Translate.....
27 February 2018
How many foreigners are treated per year in La Quiaca Hospital
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2112600-cuantas-personas-atiende-por-ano-el-hospital-de-la-quiaca
.....According to the numbers reported by Fernanda Elias, who is in charge of the hospital where 300 people work and has 80 beds, last year they served 28,084 people through the guard. Of that total, 26,001 were people with an Argentine document, 1848 from Bolivia and the remaining 235 from other countries. However, the head of the Hospital remarked that the number of Argentines can be "deceptive" because many "have an Argentine document but are children of Bolivians who were born in Argentina but reside in Bolivia."

AND.....
Through outpatient clinics, 19,864 people, 18,269 Argentines and 1595 Bolivians were treated. Elias also graficó the situation when talking about the number of births that the hospital had during the 2017. "Last year were born 509 babies, of those 110 are children of Bolivians who came to have a family to La Quiaca.They are not residents, they cross the bridge and come to have family on this side for the social benefits they have such as universal child allowance or social plans "......

Back