Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

Lately I've seen the official rate - around 6+, the blue rate - around 10+ and the tourista rate - around 9.

What is the tourista rate and where do you get it? Haven't heard anyone talking about it.

Lately I've seen the official rate - around 6+, the blue rate - around 10+ and the tourista rate - around 9.

What is the tourista rate and where do you get it? Haven't heard anyone talking about it.

I think that the Turista rate refers to the payments you make with an AR credit card for your expenses abroad.

When you pay with an AR credit card.

El Dólar Turista es el precio de la cotización del Dólar Oficial + 35%. Este 35% es un impuesto que cobra el estado nacional sobre las compras con tarjetas de crédito en el extranjero.

Turista is official + the 35% added when you pay with an Argentine credit card abroad, e.g. today official 6.665 x 1.35 = 9.00

For an explanation af the many different rates, read (en castellaño) http://dolarblue.net/ where you'll also find a map of lots of arbolitos in BsAs

Thank you for this. Maybe I need a new accountant. I couldn't quite understand the part about who has to pay tax on personal property. Do you have an opinion on that?

Tom

I am neither a lawyer nor an accountant but it looks like (proper use of italics??) the two documents below, when read together, say that residents, whether Argentinean citizens or not, are supposed to pay the taxes on worldwide assets.

The first one, cited above by John.St, seems to say that the issue is where you are domiciled, because the only two categories are people domiciled in the country and those domiciled abroad.

The second document cited below seems to say that if you take permanent residence, or if you are in Argentina for more than 270 days a year, you are a resident.

If there is a lawyer or accountant, or anyone who knows for sure, it would be great to hear from them.

http://www.afip.gob....h/about.asp#tax

Personal Property Tax

For the purposes of this section:

The tax law recognizes two categories of taxable persons and establishes the tax liability in two different ways

a)​

Natural persons domiciled in the country and estates located in said country for the assets located in the country and abroad

B)​

Natural persons domiciled abroad and estates located abroad for the assets located within the country

http://www.afip.gob.ar/english/taxInformation.asp

When a natural person resides in Argentina

According to the tax legislation, a resident is:

pastedGraphic.pdf

An Argentine person, native or naturalized, except for those who lost their resident status

pastedGraphic_1.pdf

Aliens who obtained their permanent resident status in the country or who have legally been in the country for twelve months due to temporary authorizations. In this regard, temporary absences for less than 90 days, within every 12 months-period, shall not affect such permanence in the country. In addition, individual persons who do not obtain the permanent resident status and whose permanence in Argentina does not imply an intention of remaining in the territory shall explain the reasons for staying in the country. Said information shall be submitted to the AFIP within the first 30 days of the end of 12 months-period

When does the loss of permanent resident status occurs?

Natural persons, who have the resident status, will lose such status when they become permanent residents in a foreign state, or when they stay uninterruptedly in a foreign country for twelve (12) months.

When temporary stays do not exceed the 90 working or non working days, during every 12 months-period, the continuous stay abroad will not be interrupted.

In the case of uninterrupted stays, the individual persons who remain outside the country for reasons that do not imply that they will remain there, will be entitled to prove such circumstance before the Federal Administration of Public Revenue ( AFIP).

Well, I have managed to pay my hotels in Villa La Angostura and San Martín de los Andes with pesos purchased at an inmobiliaria in VLA. I also filled the tank in VLA paying with pesos, though there were big lines at ACA and YPF yesterday and today. It took me an hour to reach the pump, with roughly 50 cars backed up at the ACA station and down the block.

Yes. Perfum.
Bajo, I find that hard to believe. Purchasing a consumer good isn't a hiring of a service which paying for a hotel, having an airline fly you somewhere, asking a travel agent to organize or book you onto a trip or a tour guide to show you around all are. Might the person or business selling the perfume have made a mistake or been pulling a fast one by taking personal advantage of the fact that people aren't yet familiar with how the new requirement is properly applied? Please tell us all you saw and heard in connection with that purchase.

I already did.
It happend at Galerías Pacífico. The entrance on Florida, on the right you have a perfumería.

I already did.
It happend at Galerías Pacífico. The entrance on Florida, on the right you have a perfumería.

These tourists were taken advantage of, nothing more than that. There is no official policy that would dictate this in any way.

Back