Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

Are you serious? They had to pay in dollars? Wow.

What did the store-owner say to the tourist? "Sen~or, you have to pay in dollars to buy perfume...look at this Banco Central regulation. You don't read Castellano? Es okay, I tell you...see here? Pay.....In....Dollars....You....Foreigner....Signed, Head of Banco Central."

What did the store-owner say to the tourist? "Sen~or, you have to pay in dollars to buy perfume...look at this Banco Central regulation. You don't read Castellano? Es okay, I tell you...see here? Pay.....In....Dollars....You....Foreigner....Signed, Head of Banco Central."

I still think that either it was a tourist who is not in-the-know and thought there was no difference paying in dollars, or that the salesperson was trying to get some USD on the cheap and would later pay in pesos out of pocket. Who knows, sounds very strange.

They tried to pay in pesos. They were rejected. They ask for usd or credit card. Credit card failed, they paid in usd.

I though they were cheating them.

The point, i think, this rule is going to be enforced by comercies because it is a great deal for them.

Only if they want to take advantage of people. Anyone with half a brain will either walk away or fight back.

I had to stay in a hotel for several nights in December. I stayed at the Plaza (a Marriott hotel). I paid with Marriott Rewards points for most of my stay and I did have some extra expenses like a meal or two and in room internet. I could pay in pesos without a problem. I don't think there's any reason why they would make foreigners pay in dollars or with foreign cards unless it's a transaction that will require conversion to USDs down the line. Period.

Since when do non-Argentines have to pay taxes on income/assets outside of Argentina?

My accountant has told me that if you are a non-Argentine resident you have to file an AR income tax form and pay AR tax on your world wide income minus tax paid on your income in the other country. The AR income tax is usually much higher than a person would pay in the US so they would have a tax liability in AR. This is compounded by the fact that they have to declare their world wide income in order to qualify for residency in AR so AFIP knows what their income is. Even assuming that they make the minimum required to get their residency that would work out to about an extra $5000 a year AR tax. A person also has to pay a different tax on their world wide assets (if any).

Lets say a person owns an apt house in Thailand worth $1,000,000 and gets income from the apt house. Income tax is applied on your income and world wide asset tax is applied on the $1,000,000……. yearly.

I saw on Christmass at Galerías Pacífico how foreign tourist has to pay in cash in Usd.

Tourists Forced to Pay in USD for shopping at a retail level --??? give more details products name of store . etc These sort of General statements have limited value? was it at a restaurant, retail shop? McDonalds jajajajaj

Tourists Forced to Pay in USD for shopping at a retail level --??? give more details products name of store . etc These sort of General statements have limited value? was it at a restaurant, retail shop? McDonalds jajajajaj

He said the tourists were buying perfume.

Yes. Perfum.

Last time I went to McDonald's, they said they were all out of perfume burgers :p, so I'm assuming its not McDonald's, or any other restaurant.

My accountant has told me that if you are a non-Argentine resident you have to file an AR income tax form and pay AR tax on your world wide income minus tax paid on your income in the other country. The AR income tax is usually much higher than a person would pay in the US so they would have a tax liability in AR. This is compounded by the fact that they have to declare their world wide income in order to qualify for residency in AR so AFIP knows what their income is. Even assuming that they make the minimum required to get their residency that would work out to about an extra $5000 a year AR tax. A person also has to pay a different tax on their world wide assets (if any).

Lets say a person owns an apt house in Thailand worth $1,000,000 and gets income from the apt house. Income tax is applied on your income and world wide asset tax is applied on the $1,000,000……. yearly.

Are or your spouse Argentines? If so, then that might makes sense.

I've lived here as a "legal," DNI-holding resident for 7 years and had an accountant do my taxes both here and in the US all that time. They have never mentioned paying taxes here on assets outside of Argentina (I don't have any assets IN Argentina).

I think you are confusing the DNI with citizenship.

Back