Found A Great Public Park And Pool - Kdt Review

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
After a month of investigating swim clubs for my family we went to Parque General Belgrano, two blocks behind the Paseo Alcorta shopping center in Palermo. I give this park two thumbs up.

This park has tennis courts, a newly paved 1.2Km cycling / skating circuit, a velodrome, a bike shop and café, and a really big pool with food concession. There is a large, tree-shaded area around the pool for blanket picnics. Food and drinks are allowed. Alcohol is not.

Entrance fee to the park is A$R 10 and the pool is A$R 25. A churri-pan / hamburger + soda is A$R 35. :)

The pool is only open on the weekends through January and February 10AM until (I think) 5pm. The park opens at 9am and closes at 9pm.

Saturday and Sunday I recommend you get to the park by 9:30AM and purchase your pool pass by 10AM. After 12:00Noon the line to buy pool passes gets pretty long (1hr+). Get your pass, get your body check for funky fungus, and stake out your area.

The 67 bus and the 102 bus pass in front of the shopping center if you take public transit. It is a 2-block walk to the park from there.

Park website: http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/deportes/polideportivos/ficha.php?id=14&menu_id=6225

WP_000369_zps2639e01c.jpg

WP_000373_zpsa9ad68ee.jpg

WP_000366_zps1841caa0.jpg

The former KDT (parque gral belgrano) is close to one of the exits of the Villa 31 and most of the people who goes there are from that place.

I went there about 3 years ago and i suggest to look for another place.

The "swimming pools" are, in fact, former lakes like the ones you see at Palermo, but smallers, cleaned and painted in skyblue.

I suggest you try Parque Norte.
www.parquenorte.com
They have 3 pools of 4500 m2 each.
Last time i was there was like 27 years ago, so i cannot providencia updated info.

Regards

This is great! Thank you! I go to one in a Polideportivo in Colegiales, it is at Ramon Freire al 200. 30$, only open on weekends. It's a decent pool, gets filled with children though, think YMCA

The former KDT (parque gral belgrano) is close to one of the exits of the Villa 31 and most of the people who goes there are from that place.

Well, I went there yesterday. Pretty sure the guys riding the U$9.000 triathlon bikes were not from Villa 31.

The "swimming pools" are, in fact, former lakes like the ones you see at Palermo, but smallers, cleaned and painted in skyblue.

I suggest you try Parque Norte.
www.parquenorte.com
They have 3 pools of 4500 m2 each.
Last time i was there was like 27 years ago, so i cannot providencia updated info.

Regards

A recommendation from 27 years ago ?? jejejej memorabilia !

Parque Norte also looks like a decent possibility. Any place that has a water slide is worth trying.

http://www.parquenorte.com

Their website leaves a lot to be desired, though. Does anyone know if there is a pedestrian bridge over the freeway and train from Parque San Benito? It looks like there is in Google Maps.

The best of these places by far is Punta Carrasco. A little pricey but it worth it.

Back