Free Health Coverage For All In The City Of Buenos Aires

The Plan 605 Complete for seniors costs $610 pesos per month and the Cost to see a private Doctor is $130 pesos
Define seniors? And do we know of anyone who uses their services? To get a first hand experience shared...

Contact Emergencias on line to obtain a quote for an adequate plan for you :cool:

I pay almost 5000 $ for my insurance with osde. But I do it for the ultimate encashment. I lived without any kind of medical insurance all my life, till I had a epiphany due to certain dramatic events in my life!

Lessosn in life are for a reason! And if one does not learn from it. There is no 2nd chance!

I pay almost 5000 $ for my insurance with osde. But I do it for the ultimate encashment. I lived without any kind of medical insurance all my life, till I had a epiphany due to certain dramatic events in my life!

Lessosn in life are for a reason! And if one does not learn from it. There is no 2nd chance!

Emergencias is no substitute for a Health Insurance plan , its mainly an ambulance service, a referral for doctors home visits, tests, and medications at a discount. NO hospitalizations or surgery cover. English Spoken...??? doubt it.

Emergencias is no substitute for a Health Insurance plan , its mainly an ambulance service, a referral for doctors home visits, tests, and medications at a discount. NO hospitalizations or surgery cover. English Spoken...??? doubt it.

Rich One. I highly value your words and understanding of the city. In fact, I look forward to ALL your posts.

Whats your opinion on the health plan of Buenos Aires which is actively promoted by one of the members here. In fact, the member prefers to use, it in lieu of the ex OSDE plan she had.

Rich One. I highly value your words and understanding of the city. In fact, I look forward to ALL your posts.

Whats your opinion on the health plan of Buenos Aires which is actively promoted by one of the members here. In fact, the member prefers to use, it in lieu of the ex OSDE plan she had.

In a Nutshell "you only get what you pay for". If you can afford it stay with OSDE.

In the Cobertura Porteña de Salud free medical service for CABA residents you Save but need plenty of time, and for an emergency or a major catastrophic event would not want to be there. :eek:

You Save some money but need intensive therapy for the depressive hospital conditions....

The Ramos Mejia Hospital may be different :rolleyes:

In a Nutshell "you only get what you pay for". If you can afford it stay with OSDE.

In the Cobertura Porteña de Salud free medical service for CABA residents you Save but need plenty of time, and for an emergency or a major catastrophic event would not want to be there. :eek:

You Save some money but need intensive therapy for the depressive hospital conditions....

The Ramos Mejia Hospital may be different :rolleyes:

Yes, in fact, I visited Hospital Ramos Mejia yesterday to get appointments and noticed lots of improvements in the building on Urquiza. The waiting room used to be an empty large room, now filled with rows of chairs and tv monitors mounted for those waiting. I didn't walk around to see other sections of the hospital.

I've been affiliated with the CoPS plan since June 2015. Rather than making an appointment with my clinica medica, I went to his office on Monday and asked his secretary if he could write orders for my annual eye exam, ear wax removal, blood and urine analysis. I waited minutes, saw the doctor, and was out in five minutes with them. Then I went to the Hospital on Thursday morning when CoPS appointments are made at 8:30-10:00. I was the second in line, asked if I wanted my eye and ear exam on the same day (how convenient), and had the appointments in hand in a few minutes since all scheduling is computerized. Then I waited in another section for a turno for blood extraction. This was a longer wait since I was there early before they make appointments at 10am. The last two years I waited three months for this, but have a turno for December 5th. Results are ready for pickup in five days. Turnos can be done online, but I prefer to do them in person.

While the USA is still trying to find a way to get Medicare for All passed through Congress, I'm grateful that I have free health coverage in Buenos Aires.

Maybe not for all, but I have been holidaying abroad for 40 years and here for 15. Doing my sums I have not paid insurance in all that time should the worst happen no doubt my savings could be wiped. I take the view though that the only people who profit from insurance are the underwriters. If I were here longer, I think I would take jantangos way. For now though for almost every eventuality the Farmacia can sort me out, here and on mainland Spain.

Maybe not for all, but I have been holidaying abroad for 40 years and here for 15. Doing my sums I have not paid insurance in all that time should the worst happen no doubt my savings could be wiped. I take the view though that the only people who profit from insurance are the underwriters. If I were here longer, I think I would take jantangos way. For now though for almost every eventuality the Farmacia can sort me out, here and on mainland Spain.

What about Spain? What would happen if you got sick there? Would they charge you at a public hospital?

Back