Free Health Coverage For All In The City Of Buenos Aires

So private hospitals can get ahold of imported medicines that are not available to public hospitals and the general public through pharmacies?!

May be true? My XP went for a blood test in a private Lab Center (MT Alvear and Azcuenaga) . The nurse inserted a needle with a syringe attached, I Didn't check if the needle was in a sealed package. Then she withdrew the blood sample into the syringe body and later transferred the blood to a glass test tube!

I asked what happened to the old cartridge vials in a sealed package that were used to receive the blood and then labeled to be sent for testing.? She replied that they are no longer available, too expensive and need to be imported? she labeled the tube with a red marker , no more printed labels?

If the syringe and the test tube were sterile the results may be accurate... :cool: ( Ohh And the Needle :eek: )

Why, yes, it should fit your needs (and personal preferences) rather well.

If you ever need a colonoscopy you will discover that the "free" healthcare plan does not include the "chemical enema" that you would normally drink the morning of the procedure. Instead, they will blast your colon with a garden hose for a couple hours.

Neither does the plan provide a general anesthesia for this procedure, but you won't feel a thing. Before they begin they'll just ask you to inhale deeply as they give you a can of raid cockroach spray point blank.

And if they find any polyps they will cauterize them with a coat hanger in an extension cord tied to the end of a broomstick.

Salud!

PS: Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you get what you deserve.
emo32.gif
Is this personal experience?

Is this personal experience?

Because of the way the quote feature functions, your quote did not include the quote to which I was replying:

Hmmm I might need to ditch OSDE for this.

My post is what animal "lovers" might hope RodolfoWalsh experiences if he ever gets a "free" colonoscopy...based on the methods he used to try to get rid of a feral cat that was "trapped" in his patio/jardin:

It can't get out, let my dog chase it for a while but am not sure if it has rabies or not and don't want to risk him getting hurt. We managed to corner it and I gave it a can of raid cochroach spray point blank but it didn't appear to do anything.

Is there a animal control here I could call? I tried sticking a coat hanger in an extension cord tied to the end of a broomstick but couldn't manage to touch it and ended up tripping the breaker. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I don't want to get too close in case it is rabid. I've been blasting it with the hose for the last couple of hours but it doesn't seem to be doing anything

Here's the thread: http://baexpats.org/...t-in-back-yard/

If you are a tourist can you get free treatment at the Fermandez Hospital? Can anyone, even an illegal, just walk in and get free care?

If you are a tourist can you get free treatment at the Fermandez Hospital? Can anyone, even an illegal, just walk in and get free care?

You can go to the Emergency Unit an get treatment, to see a doctor will have to apply for a turno...!

I had my first appointment today with my head doctor under the Coberatura Portena de Salud. The secretary phoned to ask me to come early for my 4:00pm appointment, and I told her I'd be there soon since it's only seven blocks away. The assistant took my blood pressure, pulse, weight and height for the doctor. The doctor saw a couple of walk-in patients first. I had selected a doctor from the list when I signed up for the Plan, but she was no longer attending at that office. I told the doctor that I needed orders for an annual blood test, eye exam, ear exam, and whatever else he wanted. He ordered a chest x-ray and EKG. I was in his office no more than ten minutes and left with five orders in hand.

The next step is a visit to the local hospital (8 blocks) on Thursday morning to present the orders and schedule appointments. I don't have to wait in line to see the doctors at the hospital. Then I'll return to see my head doctor in a month or so with the test results.

How much does this cost on the Coberatura Portena de Salud? Nothing. Who qualifies for the plan? Anyone living in the city of Buenos Aires who doesn't have medical coverage.

Back