Free range turkeys 22.50$ per kilo

Were you able to order it online or did you have to go into the store?

Mine was a bit frozen last year but I just prepped it and popped it in the oven and it cooked just fine, only real issue was the neck was still frozen in it and I didn't realize it until after it had cooked for a bit! But the gravy still came out tasty ;)

nikad said:
Gotta get one as well, this year we have a new family member to celebrate with :) ( and a new stove! )

Congrats to you and your family.......on both new additions! :D

BaltRochGirl said:
Were you able to order it online or did you have to go into the store?

Mine was a bit frozen last year but I just prepped it and popped it in the oven and it cooked just fine, only real issue was the neck was still frozen in it and I didn't realize it until after it had cooked for a bit! But the gravy still came out tasty ;)

I will order over the phone, I don´t think they take online orders ( they deliver in the city I think )

2GuysInPM said:
are these frozen?
Yes they flash freeze them to handle the trip from Cordoba where they were free range grown. However the frozen turkeys in the markets are first dipped [cured] in brine and the frozen [they taste like a damn Salt Lick.

I just ordered my pavo from this place over the phone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Nikad, thanks again. I just picked mine up today. The guys were SO appreciative of the business and asked how all of "us" had found out about them! They said they had received a barbaridad of orders and were all smiles. Love buying from these types of places. Also learned that the pavo is only the male bird and no lighter than 10 or so kilos while the pavita is the female and what you get if you want a 5 kilo (11lb) bird. That's the smallest they seem to have, by the way.

We just got ours delivered today for only $30 pesos and it's defrosting now. We got an 8kg pavo (they found us a small one)...

Back