Freefall Dolar Blue

Styleles

Registered
Following the website of the herald, I noticed that in the recent few days the dolar blue seems to be in a small freefall. Relatively new as I am to this city, I was wondering if there is any rational explanation for this?

The dollar blue is an unregulated illegal currency exchange. Those who have dollars love it and will continue to take advantage, however it is not rational and often subject to illicit manipulation by govt and by the larger exchange houses. 10 dollars is something of a watermark and once we start to see those levels behind the scenes efforts will be made to make the unofficial value drop.

Personally, I think the peso might devalue too around 8USD, that will be attractive for inward investors and the hope, and it is only a hope, is that the official rate might synchronise to some extent. If the spread was inside 10% you would see more official tourist dollars back into the economy.

All above the is aspirational for the govt, but bottom line is that the motivations for the movement of the blue market are not always self evident. Sometimes, of course, they are such as upcoming aguinaldo (people use it to buy USD, value rises) and vacation season (all off to miami, dollar demand rises).

There is a rational reason. Right now is the time people buy tickets and packages to go overseas. They are using credit cards mostly (because of cuotas). So the demand for blue dollars is not that high right now. Also there are uncertainties surrounding new economic policies that Kicillof has been talking about.

The end of December and in January is when people are going to want to buy dollars and if things stay the same in terms of ease of obtaining dollars from banks then you will see the price of dolar blue go up.

Lastly, this isn't "free-fall" at all. Whether regulated or unregulated, the dolar blue has followed this pattern for quite a few months now.

EDIT:

If you search around the forum, there are plenty of posts from the days long behind us where people were talking about the free fall of dolar blue and whether it was going to fall back down to $6 or not.

If you want to experience true freefall, try "investing" in bitcoin.

Who knows: blue $. New K is all of one week old.

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/175448-Mientras-el-dlar-oficial-avanza-el-blue-sigue-en-cada-libre-y-ya-cotiza-a-967-pesos

my cueva told me yesterday he thinks it has to do with the new Repsol deal???? could be a stretch but...?

my cueva told me yesterday he thinks it has to do with the new Repsol deal???? could be a stretch but...?

maybe but its just blue sky , nothing will happen with -Repsol in the near future,,,,! Blue rate today $9,50

Back