From Russia With Love

Ok, i'll share my trick for hot weather ;) jump in a fountain - or a shower - or a friend's shower! The trick is no toweling off water after, it cools you down nicely. Repeat as needed every 15 minutes ;)

I was really hoping for swimming beach spots - river beach, or around Tigre, or ?Carilo - but all suggestions here are to go to Punta del Este? Uruguay? is it true? strange, BA is right on water.

I would not step foot in the water around BA its brown and muddy. The nearest beach would be about 5hrs.

I would not step foot in the water around BA its brown and muddy. The nearest beach would be about 5hrs.

You can swim in the river beach at gualeguaychu in Entre Rios, a couple of hours north. It's only worth it if you go during the months of jan-feb and take in the carnaval on Saturday night, you've also got the 'Termas' - outdoor pools with thermally heated water, for a dip during the day. We went a few weekends ago, very pleasant weekend...stayed in a cabin/bungalow at the termas de gualeyan complex, brought the dog also who had a great time too.

You can swim in the river beach at gualeguaychu in Entre Rios, a couple of hours north. It's only worth it if you go during the months of jan-feb and take in the carnaval on Saturday night, you've also got the 'Termas' - outdoor pools with thermally heated water, for a dip during the day. We went a few weekends ago, very pleasant weekend...stayed in a cabin/bungalow at the termas de gualeyan complex, brought the dog also who had a great time too.
Cool, I'll have to check that out. People back in Europe still ask me whats the beach like in BA, hahaha.

The carnaval was entertaining, worth shelling out for VIP seats though, you get a waiter/waitress to being you beer and food. The rest of the weekend was pretty chilled out, it's a place for relaxing and doing very little during the day and letting your hair down for the carnaval. People were very relaxed and amiable too.

You take a regular flight to bariloche and you are there in 2 hours, there you have the nahual huapi and lot of other blue water lakes. If you mean las grutas (one of the only ''warm'' patagonian beachs) then that is a little more tricky as you don't have a so near comercial airport, you can only flight there with your own jet :% or take a flight to bahia Blanca and then a bus.

Sorry to backtrack but another option not mentioned is to fly to Bariloche or Viedma and take the Tren Patagonico (which is now running) to San Antonio del Oeste/Las Grutas. It's a train with a restaurant, disco and cinema.

I did a fair amount of swimming in Madryn and Piramides which have colder water than Las Grutas, the southern beaches are where it's at.

True sorry i totally forgot about the patagonic train, is a cheap option to cross the patagonia from the mountain to the coast, but is quite slow, still if you have plenty of time is not bad.

True sorry i totally forgot about the patagonic train, is a cheap option to cross the patagonia from the mountain to the coast, but is quite slow, still if you have plenty of time is not bad.

Still 36C? ;( ok, we are doing Reserva Costanera Sur instead of Potagonia. Closer and cheaper and cooler. Like on a Saturday, early March? i'll make a separate post about it. most people don't work on sat, rigth?

Today is 24, tomorrow and pass tomorrow 32 and 33. Well a month and you will check by your self, still probably temperature will go down a little bit by then.

Today is 24, tomorrow and pass tomorrow 32 and 33. Well a month and you will check by your self, still probably temperature will go down a little bit by then.

Right, well, it is 19 days and yes, i'll check for myself; but if it's 25 or 30 i will just die... surprised there are so few fountains around (maybe i've not seen them?) because those make such a difference!!! and if worst comes to worst, one can 'fall' into one, accidentally ;) really helps

Back