Gaddafi may be couchsurfing at Chavez's tonight

It looks like he's on his way out, that's for sure. I've never heard about him and Chavez being beer buddies though. It would be appropriate for one dictator to seek shelter from another. If he does go to Hugoland I wouldn't get to comfortable, as Chavez is quickly running his country into the ground economically even with all the oil revenue. Doubt he will be around much longer.

notebook.fix said:
...just heard it again on Al Jazeera...Gaddafi's on a plane to Venezuela right now...I think this time he's definitely fled the country...the latest news on this Lybia situation is that two fighter jets have defected to Malta (landed there) & one high ranking Lybian officer has sought asylum there.

What incredible times we are living in.

Cristina will soon have another friend to go & visit at Chavez's place.

It depends on one's definition of "incredible".

Much of the media is quick to let the world that demonstrations by the people in middle eastern countries is solely part of a "democratic" process and that the people want democracy. In the end, that might not be the case for any of these countries. The result may just as easily be strict Islamic regimes, which ultimately, is a bigger problem for many...like the women in these countries.

Hi, sorry but I don't see it that way... To view this revolution through the lenses of CNN, MSNBC Fox etc etc then I can understand how this may make certain spectators nervous & even paranoid about the possibility of religious fundamentalism creeping in.

And don't forget that Al Jazeera is really the old Middle east BBC, and this revolution is more about the third world/developing countries
breaking free from the iron grip of international corporations & their Government cronies...this is more than just people seeking democracy to me...this is more about a shift towards true 'free market' democracy away from Corporate Dictatorships that control the third world & it's resources through western governments & repressive regimes.

I'm not a Leftie , I believe in free market without government manipulation...sustainable free capitalism as opposed to unsustainable predatory capitalism that has run rampant over the last 50 years.

Forgive my rant, I may not very well educated but I do posses a deep curiosity about world politics.

Quinn said:
It depends on one's definition of "incredible".

Much of the media is quick to let the world that demonstrations by the people in middle eastern countries is solely part of a "democratic" process and that the people want democracy. In the end, that might not be the case for any of these countries. The result may just as easily be strict Islamic regimes, which ultimately, is a bigger problem for many...like the women in these countries.

perry said:
Pardon my cynicism but I look at these revolutions as part of something more sinister and part of a grander plan that is in place for the New World Order.

Be aware very aware.......

It has been suggested that the Muslim Brotherhood has decided it is time to implement its plan to topple secular Islamic countries and install theocracies governed by Islamic Law.

The Venezuelan government is denying the story. So that probably means he will arrive later tonight.......

perry said:
Pardon my cynicism but I look at these revolutions as part of something more sinister and part of a grander plan that is in place for the New World Order.

Perry, you make a very valid point.
My personal view is that there are some black hands at work through all this.
And I mean black in the sinister way.

perry said:

Wow, Perry you catch on fast. Ask Harrison Rockefeller what he thinks about this. After the mid east watch China. Interesting times we live in. But Cristina is elated, now she has two mentors in HugoLandia.

Back