GARDENING: Herb garden & Rose garden

ghost said:
Opossum is the correct spelling, possum is the short cut vernacular. They really mess up a garden. The damn things take one bite and move on to the next veggie and take one bite and so on. And then then they walk around and fall in the pool and drown.
Turkey??? No way, can't be, there are no wild turkey in AR. Maybe a turkey buzzard.
Bats and snakes are your friends. At least until the bats decide to munch on your apricots [if he's a fruit bat]. But they don't eat much and they sure do some damage to the mosquito population. Rabies is also a worry and there is allot of rabies around BA.

After searching (I might have been quite generous with the estimated weight :p but it's quite big, like a big turkey), it might be a
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusky-legged_Guan

ghost said:
Oh, I forgot. If you plant a row of MaryJane.....insects hate it. And it makes great organic brownies after the veggie harvest is finished. Medicinal brownies.

Ah the Marie-Jeanne ! Yes it might, but it might attract some other animals (pink with a corkscrew tail :D )

French jurist said:
After searching (I might have been quite generous with the estimated weight :p but it's quite big, like a big turkey), it might be a
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusky-legged_Guan
The Turkey Vulture, Cathartes aura, is a bird found throughout most of the Americas. It's also known in some North American regions as the Turkey Buzzard (or just Buzzard), and in some areas of the Caribbean as the John Crow or Carrion Crow.[2] One of three species in the genus Cathartes, in the family Cathartidae, the Turkey Vulture is the most widespread of the New World vultures,[3] ranging from southern Canada to the southernmost tip of South America. It inhabits a variety of open and semi-open areas, including subtropical forests, shrublands, pastures, and deserts.[1] A large bird, the turkey vulture, has a wingspan of 170–183 cm (67–72 in), a length of 64–81 cm (25–32 in), and weight of 0.85–2.26 kg (1.9–5 lb).[4][5][6][7] It has dark brown to black plumage; a featherless, purplish-red head and neck; and a short, hooked, ivory-colored beak. Its life expectancy in the wild ranges upward of 16 years, with a captive life span of over 30 years being possible.[8][9]

French jurist said:
Yop, sure ! I'm interested in any plants !

I'll manage to come on my bike but I need to fix a wheel first, like will I come at the end of this week or at the beginning of next one,

cheers

Great! I'm setting aside packets of basil seeds for you and will get containers as suggested ready. When you know more, please PM me and we can work out the details? Afternoons work better for me, and I can meet you somewhere if it's more convenient. :D

Poor guy that you found in your yard. Looks almost exactly like the 'possums (ROUS's ;))that we had roaming around green parts of Seattle.

Cheers!

Napoleon said:
I notice that you haven't gotten around to planting an avocado (palta) tree yet. I think that that would be my first, followed by a lime tree. (Can you tell I grew up with large doses of Mexican food?)

I think you need two palta trees so they can cross pollinate.

mini said:
I think you need two palta trees so they can cross pollinate.

Even better!!

And ROUS's? Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't believe they exist!

:eek:

French jurist said:
And yes, Agronomia is the definite choice, furthermore it's way cheaper.

In search of a gardener who understands that terrace gardening is a special skill. In Recoleta.

Back