Gay Marriage in Agentina

cruizes

Registered
I am so happy that this law was passed last July but I have a major problem with it. You would never be caught dead holding hands with your partner or stop for a passionate kiss. Isn't this hypocritical?

cruizes said:
I am so happy that this law was passed last July but I have a major problem with it. You would never be caught dead holding hands with your partner or stop for a passionate kiss. Isn't this hypocritical?

I believe most people are fine with the holding of hands but I do agree that passionate kisses in public are not tolerated between men and woman of the same sex.

Saying that I would say that there are few cities in the world as tolerant s Buenos Aires and what happens behind closed doors is very tolerated and without the fringe element apparent in the USA, Australia , and most of the world who wish to control your sexuality .

I have to disagree. I have seen it a few times on collectivo 71 with couples holding hands and one couple making out. No one said a thing. This is a very tolerant society and I really don't see anyone bothering anyone else for their behavior.

Civil rights laws are enacted to protect minorities despite public disapproval. That's not hypocritical; it's necessary. It's like saying Eisenhower was hypocritical for ordering the desegregation of US schools, because there will still some racists that hated black people. Laws should never be based on popular opinion, or we'd still be living on one backwards and intolerant planet.

I see a fair number of gay couples being affectionate in public. Sure, some bystanders might not like that, but so what? Haters gonna hate ;) Congress acted in the interest of gay rights, despite a level of disapproval from average people. Kudos to them.

cruizes said:

The law allows you to marry someone of the same sex, but it doesn't prohibit an observer from sneering if he should happen to see gays canoodling. It's a free society for EVERYONE; making out in public is your choice but what do you want? Mandatory applause?

Years ago, when I first heard about the proposal of gay marriage, my first thought was about "married" couples making out in public.If any one said anything, the response would be," we're married and can do everything straight married couples do. No, we aren't carrying our marriage certificate, just like they".This, to me, the end of civilization, as we've known it. SAD.NO, I am not a muslim, but I'll approve of gay marriage, when they do.
Holding hands y mas has been going on for a while in Mexico City and Madrid. Never saw it in EEUU or probably any EEUU city and I visit many. Ya know what's even worse? When I lived in Barcelona saw many young hetero teenagers making out. Without going into exact details, I'll say that one is leaning against a building, while......well, I , guess you get the picture. No class.
There are still laws that say that you can't do anything that you wish. You can't drive down del Lib at 120 kph. Oh, we're in BA.? Let me think about that.

If people are in love why do they they have to act out in public . For me this is not a human right as public space is for all. Should we allow couples to make love in parks because they can ?

There are also other members of society who are younger and do not understand human sexuality and to be confronted with couples straight or gay making out in public is something that is best behind closed doors.

I am all for human relationships of all dimensions but I temper my comments with the proviso that it done with respect for others and this is equal for straight ,gay, transexual and mixed relationships

perry said:
If people are in love why do they they have to act out in public . For me this is not a human right as public space is for all. Should we allow couples to make love in parks because they can ?

There are also other members of society who are younger and do not understand human sexuality and to be confronted with couples straight or gay making out in public is something that is best behind closed doors.

I am all for human relationships of all dimensions but I temper my comments with the proviso that it done with respect for others and this is equal for straight ,gay, transexual and mixed relationships

Agree totally and have had this argument with gay friends in the past. I do not have a problem with your sexuality. But I do have a problem with having to explain the gay thing to my 6 year old son or grandson. I simply do want these images in my children's and grand children's minds and thinking until they are old enough to deal with them.

And while I support gay marriage and equal rights.. let's be frank and honest. The nature of creation and reproduction points clearly to the fact that there is something out of context with homosexuality that does not fit into the context of natural. If all of humanity was gay the human race could possibly be extinct in 100 years.. Not judging or railing these are facts.

Growing up in Cali one thing I realized early on and actually it still impacts me.. many of the gays I know live tormented lives trying to cope with the issues that come from being gay both on personal and social levels.

Few would admit it, but just knowing them and some closely, it was painfully obvious that they struggled with it and that it has complicated their lives. All to often IMHO they would act out with the I am gay let the world see it thing, trying to make it more acceptable for themselves and society. At times I wonder it they believe that when society accepts it they will finally feel natural with it. But the whole of creation on contrary to it.

If I have a child or even a friend that has tendency towards this lifestyle I want to limit that as much as possible. Not because I am antigay... I am pro natural. And honestly looking at the number of gay men .. NOT ALL .. I have seen living tormented confused lives. I want to limit the potential for this tormented confused state of being as mush as possible. Whether it is personal or social its just matter of fact.

All the being said.. If I am in gay bar or for that matter any night club! Which I have been with out gay friends many times. Do as you will its not a problem for me I am no longer a child and there are no children around.

You want our respect and acceptance no problem on my end.. just respect that fact that we can and do make children. You can not and do not. Just like your are different we are different, in that we reproduce and have these little humans called kids they are very very important to us! And we have many issues to deal with in raising these little crazy humans we call our kids.

Back